StartUp Animation.......

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by manbat, Feb 6, 2009.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

StartUp Animation.......

I'm working on a new start StartUp Animation, Startup and Shutdown splash screens for the Q9n. I'l post them if I get them looking good and showing the way i have planned. It works just like the Q9m. There is a "Hello Moto" startup animation in the windows file that can be pointed to by a registry editor.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Can you find a way for use C users to use your HS?
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

The Motorola Dynamic Layout?

===============
    The Motorola Dynamic Layout? I've been looking at the files. That might be hard, very hard.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yea, we tried and got nothin. we must need some plugin.You can do it.:-D
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea i posted all the files (not including the weather images) in another thread
    take alook....maybe we can work something out eventually
  6. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

is this the same stat up me a bill have been using? if so its pretty neat.
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Just wondering, does the N use facade? If so what is the plugin called in the facade plugin list.
  8. n99hockey

no it doesnt
    but it CAN be used
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

@manbat

Any progress on that start up animation? Can you slap together a better looking Windows 6.1 splash? That green doesn't go with my nap's iodized blue face! Pretty please??? :smile:
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it would be nice to know what that plugin is realy called. Like orange isnt mentioned at all in the plugin code.
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

=====================
    I have a 'Windows' on fire WM6.1 splash posted in the 'change your splash screens' thread and a few others too. The animation is coming along. Posted via Q9m/c Hybrid
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Schweet!!! Love the Batman Video ringtone!!!
  13. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Here i made the opening and closing WM 6.1 splashes blue instead of the default green. Blue is usually for PPC but i hate the Smartphone green ones. These are the ones that play right after the startup animation before windows boots up and the one right before the closing splash. Put them on your memory sticks root then use a file manager o copy them over to the windows directory on the phone.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  14. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

Searching Network Title Bar
    Here is 3 to choose from. The first goes with the rest of the set. Name and location below.
    Windows\ms_mobile.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Time Boot/Master Reset Animation
    This animation can be replaced as well. It is a slideshow style jpg animation just like the startup animation in the first post above. Name and location below.

Windows\mot_coldboot.jpg
  15. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

These go into the \Windows folder by copying from the MMC with File Manager. There are 4 graphics and two sounds. The startup is well animated

While in a call: Windows\16_brick_131.gif

[​IMG]

While Dialing a call: Windows\Carrierlogo.gif

[​IMG]

Shutdown: Windows\vzw_shutdown.png

[​IMG]

Startup: Windows\vzw_animation.jpg

[​IMG]
  16. natieya

natieya Member

this looks really cool...

This looks really cool, but how exactly does one do this? I need help. :smile:
  17. manbat

manbat Active Member

You can copy and paste the named images over the same named files in windows. Or you can place the image files where you want them and direct to them using a registry editor. I have most of my non-stock start up images and sounds in a file on the sd card. I then direct to the images by editing the registry. There are some tutorials here on EQ that give directions.
  18. natieya

natieya Member

finally

FYI...for anyone that cared...:wink:

Update: I finally got this working. I had to do another hard reset (taking the battery completely off). After it rebooted, all was well. Interesting note: I tried this before and it didn't work. I guess it needed 2 reboots, ha.
  19. n99hockey

sometimes it takes a few
    glad you got it working
  20. manbat

manbat Active Member

Glad it's working for you now!