Start Up Music

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by telety, Sep 1, 2007.

1. telety

telety New Member

Start Up Music

Does Anyone Know How Ti Turn Down That Start Music (when You Power On The Phone)on The Q ? Mine Is So Loud Im Afraid It Will Eventually Damage My Speakers.
  2. schmidtj

schmidtj New Member

I believe it's controlled by the "Notification Sound" and "Notification Volume" settings in each profile.
  3. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

it sucks that thats the loudest tone on the q! the ringtones are so low i can hardly hear them! i guess i just got use to my nextel and its ringer, now those were loud!
  4. mickiemagik

mickiemagik New Member

Just go to START>SETTINGS>PROFILES Then highlight NORMAL, press menu EDIT then go to ring volume LOUD, then DONE. This should make it loud enough for you to hear just fine
  5. troutseth

troutseth Guest

You can increase the sounds for ringtones as mentioned above in the settings and edit each profile. As for the startup sound . . . seach for startup sound in the Hacks thread . . . there is a reg edit to change it.
  6. schmidtj

schmidtj New Member

Hmmm. I can adjust my startup sound with the Notification Sound Volume setting in Profiles. No hack required.
  7. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo New Member

yeah, but doesn't Notification also cover the Txt message alert? So, you're lowering that too I think
  8. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

i have tried that but its not loud enough!
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you could try and make the volume of the clip louder in software like Audacity..
  10. telety

telety New Member

Thanks

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I GUESS IM PRETTY SLOW BECAUSE I CANT FIND THE THANK YOU ICON BUT THANKS AGAIN I FOUND A GOOD VOLUME FOR BOTH MY TEXT ALERT AND THE START UP MUSIC.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the 'thank you' icon is in the bottom right hand corner of the post that helped you out!
  12. mwitzah

mwitzah New Member

Do You Want An Extra Boost?

I'm new so forgive me if I'm reading the above posts wrong, but it sounds like you'd like a little boost to the volume above & beyond the factory settings in the Q.

I found the following hack posted:

Maxing Headset and earpiece volumes...
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/55737-post473.html

I've used it, changing the values listed on that link from 8's to 9's or 10's and it's totally boosted the heck out of the volume for each device selected (headset volume, main volume, speakerphone volume).