Start Menu Order

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by arrosen, Nov 27, 2007.

1. abmaul

abmaul New Member

Thank you, I missed the reset power part! How do I soft reset like everyone talks about too? Is it different that holding the end key?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

a soft reset is a power cycle.. turn off & back on..

posted on the Q.
  3. abmaul

abmaul New Member

Dang it! It's still not working correctly. Below is the order I put my start menu in:

Internet Explorer.lnk
    Pictures & Videos.lnk
    TCPMP.Ink
    Calculator.Ink
    Settings.lnk
    File Manager.Ink
    Tasks.Ink
    Calendar.Ink
    Bluetooth.Ink
    Live Search.Ink
    Pocket MSN.Ink

Then, when I restart my phone it comes out with this order:

Internet Explorer.lnk
    Pictures & Videos.lnk
    Settings.Ink
    ActiveSync.Ink
    Calculator.Ink
    Calendar.Ink
    Call History.Ink
    Contacts.Ink
    Facade Settings.Ink
    etc. etc.

This is not even close to the order I want. What's going on?
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well what do you know... i must have given up on this one (& forgot all about it) when i tried it, see this thread :}
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

The way I did it was to add abcdef... so forth in front of the items and then organized it to how I'd like. Internet Explorer, File Manager, & Settings would not let me rename them so I made them the first three and then the rest with the alphabets... Like the way I edited yours to look like... (thanks to Fuego's idea about the numbers in front)
  6. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

One other thing that I remembered that I did, was to move certain start menu items into the Accessories and System Tools folders, like Active sync since it starts automatically when I connct to my PC, Contacts since the right soft key 'is' contacts, Modem Link since I now have PDANet, and if I remember correctly a couple other items that wouldn't take the file renaming and I didn't use enough to justify having it out in the main Start Menu to begin with...

And these things go into the folders into alphabetical order automatically.
  7. lickwid

lickwid New Member

I've re-sorted all my Start Menu Items. I actually created a bunch of new folders within Resco Explorer, then put them in alphabetical order within Resco Registry Editor. However, I have two things I'd like to do which I cannot figure out yet.

1. Is there any way to put icons on the user-created folders? For example, I created a folder called "Internet Clients" for my IM apps, Opera, PIE, etc, and would like to see an Icon on the main folder in the Start Menu. I noticed there is a file called icon.lnk in each of the folders, but unsure if I can create my own for these custom created folders.

2. I'd like to be able to put all the folders in the start menu in alphabetical order, but it seems all the stock folders such as Accessories, Bluetooth, System Tools, etc. are listed alphabetically first, then the user-created ones are listed alphabetically below.

Thank for any insight you guys can provide.