Start Menu Icons?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by brandon.roeder, Aug 14, 2008.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

================================You don.t 'really' need wordpad on the phone...but it helps for quick mods. I'm at work right now. When I get home I'll write you a tutorial w\ screen shots, enclose the dll,some sample icon.lnks, and the icon map w\ images from the the dll. I run everything from the card. I get home about 8 central. Posted via Q9m.
  2. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

Manbatt

I would appreciate it and no rush on it either. If you don't get to it tonight I understand just happy your willing to help.

Copper

I am spending the time to read over now.( Slow day at work shhhhh don't tell my boss) I currently have 2 folders that I want to modify a misc. folder that holds all the junk that I dont use but am afraid to delete or don't know how to delete and a folder for my weather program. But if I can learn how to do it who knows maybe I will change all or most that way my q is different.
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

Here is my colored folder dll Map........

4. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Well, I sure would like that set :)
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

I'll put it together....

===================================================
    I'll get it put together in the next day or two!
  6. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

Yeah me too. These will definately work and who knows after I have done this maybe I will try to make a library.
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

Attached tutorial and icon dll set

=============================================
    The tutorial, icon dll, DLL Map, examples, instructions and screen shots can be downloaded from the link below. MUST BE DOWNLOADED TO COMPUTER!

Download Link: http://www.badongo.com/file/11023500
  8. brandon.roeder

wow!

That wasnt difficult at all!
    Thanks!

If I make a set of icons..could you make them into a dll?
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

====================So the tutorial was pretty clear and understandable? I can do it, but It'll be on my list. I am working on several private requests, a few from EQ and a couple of my own projects. Somewhere in this thread or one linked from it is the name of the program I use. It's shareware...gives you 15 days to play and figure things out...if you would like to try your self. I'm at work and away from my computer or I could give you the exact name. Posted via Q9m.
  10. manbat

manbat Active Member

================================If you still want me to...the icons use 16 and 32....the image can be larger...png's seem to work best for me. Each image needs to be a separate png. Posted via Q9m.
  11. brandon.roeder

that'd be great. can you change the messaging and other default icons like that?

if so, i have about 10 icons that i'll convert to png's.

ill pm you with the files in a bit..no rush :)

*posted via Q9c*
  12. manbat

manbat Active Member

================================You can but...the format of the icon.lnk is different.
  13. brandon.roeder

oh ok..well whenever you get the chance, could you tell me the name of that program?

thanks

*posted via Q9c*
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

It's Called.....

================================================
    It's called GConvert 5.0. Works pretty simply ....once you get the hang of it. It will also let you look in the DLLs of third party Aps you may have on your phone. Just copy them to the computer and "explore" the dll.(A lot of third party Apps have quite a few unused icons in their DLLs) I changed some of the folders on my phone by writing the icon.lnk to direct to those DLLs.
  15. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

I havent had a chance to try yet cause of a busy weekend but will you share the other icons here when you get them done? Also where do you get the gconvert program cause I couldnt find it.
  16. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

nevermind on the program I just did another search but threw yahoo this time and found it.
  17. brandon.roeder

I got the program..and I've done a few icons.

Can you write a tutorial on how to change the other icons (internet, messaging, contacts, etc.)?

18. manbat

manbat Active Member

I'll go thru my files.....

=====================================
    I'll go thru my notes ....I believe that Coppertop originally did the post that I used to change the existing icons that a program uses. If you can find them ...they might help. I'm in management for Kroger Gro. Stores and I just found out I'm moving to a higher volume store. I'm going to be really busy at work for a week or so....not so much time to play!! If you can't find the Coppertop instructions...I'll try to help a little here and there. I think he's on this thread...he might pop in and help also, he helped me!
  19. manbat

manbat Active Member

I have others....

============================================
    I have other icon DLLs....When I get the chance to make the "libarary Image" I'll post them.