Starbucks Oatmeal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by softspirits, Sep 18, 2008.

1. softspirits

softspirits Guest

OMG... you are so my hero, thank you very much... that totally needed to be said. for those of us in Seattle who literally grew up with starbucks, well... I get a tall brewed coffee with three raw sugars and cream... its about a dollar. Not expensive, and way better for your waistline than the grande mochas I used to get back in the day...
    cool thing is that in the drive threw they do your sugars and cream for you!
  2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

starbucks oatmeal...usually when i think brrakfast, I dont think overpriced coffee houses but hey *shrugs* some people like it.
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

I prefer Peet's, anyone that I know that has been a die hard Starbucks fan has converted to Peet's, once they get past being Starbucks star struck. Starbucks is my #3...Peet's, Caffino, Starbucks...in that order :p
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Don't think we have a Peet's or Caffino here. Although since I don't drink coffee I don't know for sure.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

I didnt start drinking coffee until my 30's. well we did during swim team years but that was ages and ages ago. I go on and off coffee these days.

On a side note, my son's friend works at Peet's she made me a sugar free mocha one day that kept me up for about two days. Im not kidding lol, ill give you details in IM...it was kind of interesting.
  6. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I remember that!
    You were wired, posting like crazy, no sleep & you weren't even eating well!
    I felt sooooo bad for you.
    & when you finally crashed you were gone for 2 days sleeping.
    Dang-I do so ever remember that!!!
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

LOL i cant remember was that I think it was before May....should go look and see my post history.

Shoot I wish I could sleep for two days! That would be a virtual vacation for me :)

Thanks for caring :)
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

think you averaged 2 post/sec and 1 coherant one every 5min. We looked the other way :)
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

No Peetes or Cafino's on the east coast...

I know what you mean, sis, about sleeping. I still have problems!
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

whahaahahahahhahahhahhaaa... :}
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

It's A Grind Coffee House

Have you guys heard of "It's A Grind Coffee House"? It's the best in my opinion. But it's not as widespread as Starbucks of course. So I usually end up at Starbucks because it's more convenient.

-coffee addict

http://www.itsagrind.com/index.php
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

I still like good old Dunkin' Donuts!
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

For donuts give me Krispy Kreme chocolate covered crullers anyday! I can make myself sick off of those. Don't think I have ever had a Dunkin' Donut.
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

I couldnt think of a better way to spend those seconds and minutes :)

I rarely do have sleep issues since I started lifting heavier and dropping the cardio down a bit. Sleep actually much, much better.
  15. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

aside from some of the previously mentioned sleep/relaxation techniques...try reading the tax code. I normally loose it soon after..."in the begining there was the I.R.S."
  16. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm a Starbuck's junkie and I enjoy Oatmeal. Going to give it a try next morning I find myself at Starbuck's.

I did try their power shakes and they were surprisingly awful. They have a catchy name that came out of a branding think tank. I figured it would be good, since they must pump $$ into new products. Seems they worried too much about the marketing and forgot about the product. It left me underwhelmed and I also enjoy a good protein shake.

EDIT: The shakes are Vivanno.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

Totally OT kinda but the best tasting protein shakes are Muscle Milk just about any flavor but banana is my fave...They apple EVO but the same company is not bad either...also MetRx RTD peanut butter cup yummy IMO.

(and possibly sharing a really awesome brownie)

Back on oatmeal, i dont eat it with out adding a scoop of protein. So unless Starbucks starts selling protein....I think Ill just be hitting them up for coffee every now and then.
  18. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

don't they have soy milk? that really shouldn't be considered milk IMO
  19. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I love MuscleMilk, but moved to the old standby MetRX. I don't enjoy the pancake batter consistency, but I was concerned at the high level of cholesterol in MuscleMilk. Now, that hasn't stopped me from downing chesseburgers all to often. When I get stressed, I hit {Insert name of greasy fast food joint}.

You reminded me of the MetRX RTD's. I'm going to pick some up tomorrow. I'm burning the motor on my Magic Bullet and tired of drinking batter.
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

Yes they do, im not a huge fan of the taste, consistency of soy milk, I actually just buy the soy lethicin granules and drink them with water for an additional soy protein enhancement...dont ask me why unless you want a really long post :)