Standard to Pro apps...

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by TreeFrog, Apr 29, 2009.

1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Standard to Pro apps...

Thought I'd list the apps that I transferred (or tried to) with moving into a Pro device...so far. In hopes that at least half would work. And their outcomes...

------------------------------------------
    Slingplayer...didn't have to retype key (must of recognized me by mobile name or one of my boxes)! All my slingboxes loaded up automatically! Way sweeter on Saga!

Resco Explorer/Registry...50% to rebuy the PPC version. Booo! (Works great though!

Real Dice Poker Live...no 320x320 support. Plays ok but you almost have to move mouse around to re-image screen..plus its small. Real Dice will transfer key though.

GpsVP...is a feebie. Works way better on Saga!

Live Search...loaded up version 4.5.3129.0. Works good..no gps map rendering issues.

MyMobiler...works great still.

Palringo...works super..even a little better.

Sprite Backup...reg key transferred! Haven't tried a restore yet..but its gotta work right!

Windows Live...still works super. I just used the newest from Microsoft.

SKtools...reg key transferred!

Fizz Weather...fizz emailed me a freebie new code for the ppc version. Too bad its darn near usless..has display issues on the stock today screen. Plus it doesn't integrate with SPB3.

Fizz Alarms...key is transferrable. Haven't loaded up yet..

PushEffect...key transferred! Still works great...

InboxTones...key transferred! Still works great...

LED Alerts...had to dump (no pro app)..better yet is Repeating Alerts Pro!

Extreme Agenda and Extreme Text...reg keys transferred! I can't believe I went a couple weeks without ET! (much better than the standard threaded)

PowerSMS...key transferred! Works super still...

HeroCraft Robo and 8 in 1 Arcade....screen rendering issues like the poker game above. Keys didn't work so I'm giving up for now. (maybe a net framework issue? dunno...)

Lemmings...haha...fun game...brings back old memories! You have to eyes of an eagle though!! (i know its not a standard to pro move...just threw it in!)

Pocket Tunes....key transferred! only the stock skin available though...maybe someday i'll make one. the skin maker looks a little involved though..

Live Mesh....works great still!

MWC3 (Marshalls Cursor App)....killer...especially with manbats work!

Vito RingtoneEditor....you get 3 key changes per license!

Skyfire....works better!

Mobipocket reader....free still sweet!

NewsBreak...key transferred...awesome reader still!
    ---------------------------------------

I have a ton more to try yet...alot of games that i purchased too. And of course I have tried or am using some of the PPC only apps mentioned in this Saga forum! Takin it slow and easy...
  2. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

can you manage to do address searches that version of wls?
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

done residential...worked good!
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

added a couple more to the top post...the Extreme apps...woohoo!
  5. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

The only commercial app I had on my Q, then Q9m, and now Saga is zaTelnet Pro (an excellent SSH client). I needed a new key for each device (although the same key worked after hard resets); fortunately an email to the author is all I needed to do. Upgrades were free too.
  6. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I figure I'll list off the apps I use as someone is always asking, "What should I install?" and need suggestions. These are FREE!

ICSinstall/icscontrol: Internet tethering via usb,bt,wifi
    MS Live Search: Mapping navigation app (I'm using v3.5. Maybe there's a fixed newer version)
    PHM Registry Editor: Merlin version
    Skyhook WPS driver: gps driver via wifi signals
    GoogleMaps/Latitude: The best overall map app and LBS sharing
    GPSvp: A map app that doesn't require a data connection Maps are stored on SD (unless your built in gps needs data.)
    Wifi Monster: A better wifi search utility. Also displays MAC addresses
    BizzDev Netuse: An app to map Network drives on your phone so you can browse them
    Pocket Picture: Paint for the WM. Great for opening jpgs to edit.
    CapSure: screen capture util for WM
    Skyfire: Web browser that can play flash etc. Great for multimedia.
    iContact: A finger friendly contact list replacement
    Skype mobile 3.0 Beta: Free ip telephony or call a landline for cheap. Good for when you are out of network and can find wifi. On the PC platform it is the video conferencing standard.
    Ftouchflo & Config: The ultimate finger friendly addition to any touch screen phone.
    Live Mesh: Wireless file sync to your pc's. Also does remote desktop between pc's really well
    Total Commander: An awesome file manager, zip util and text editor.
    TCPMP: A better media player than Windows Media.
    HouMing File Explorer Extensions: Takes the standard file explorer and gives you many more options including file preview
    YouMail: A voicemail replacement that allows custom caller greetings, call blocking, advanced callerid, emailing voicemails to you in mp3 with detailed info OR via sms, and vm archiving
    .net vncviewer: vnc is a platform independant standard for Remote Desktop Control
    Cloudys Jbed: A good java midlet manager in case you want to run something like ssh, opera mini or some other java midlet.
    MortScript: A simple programming language for WM. I use it to automate registry hacks.

I also use godaddy MS Exchange Server push. Not free but works better than the free options and most pay options. Comes with Outlook and Outlook Web Access.