Standalone SMS Ringtone manager - per contact SMS tones...

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by KillerQ, Oct 28, 2007.

1. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I purchased it when it was 5.00 and I've got all the updates so far, not sure about upgrades to 6.00 for example though!

Craig
  2. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Software Upgrade Policy PocketX Software regularly provides updates to our software products.
    The following is our upgrade policy:

• All minor software revisions are free updates (for example version 1.1 to version 1.2, or version 4.0 to 4.01). This excludes special or anniversary editions.
    • Major new versions require a paid upgrade (for example version 1.1 to version 2.0, or 4.01 to 5.0) unless purchased within 30 days of release.
  3. john.galmund

john.galmund New Member

Matt, I'm not sure if this is what you're after, but check out Watchflag too.
    Sort of like Ringo in that it lets you do tones for sms.

www.watchflag.com
  4. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

John,

WOW, that might be TOO in-depth... Lol. I'll def. check it out though...

Thanks,

Matt!
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and keep us posted (as i am pretty sure you will :}
  6. glstnng319str

glstnng319str New Member

I did the mistake of buying PCP 5.3 and I hate it. I bought it for the sms and it doesnt do it. I want it to play the SMS tone but not to pop up and open the text everytime one comes in with SMS picture so i disabled SMS picture and now it doesnt play it. I have tried a million different ways and I have emailed tech support and after 2 weeks of going back and forth with them they still haven't found a resolution and they are giving me a hard time about refunding me my money. Never again will i buy a product without fully reading the reviews.
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yeah, I made the mistake of buying PCP too and hated it. I did purchase Ringo Mobile and was able to set up separate ringtones and sms tones and I love it!! I did email PCP and complained and got the run around and was told to download and re-install. Don't know why if I didn't like the program they thought I wanted to re-install but the gist of the matter is I am out of $25 and not very happy about it. But give Ringo that Craig talks about in the first post of this thread and see if you like it.
  8. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Craig....or Matt... lol. just messin'.

I am helping develop the upcoming release of RINGO. There are a lot of improvements!!!

i'll let you know when it gets released!

Thanks,
    Matt
    -SFMQ
  9. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Sorry Matt! I was too lazy to actually look at the first post.
    I am looking forward to whatever improvements done. I really like this program and having the ability to setup different sms tones. It's sooo cool knowing who the text is from without looking. the hardest part was finding a tone to fit my friends' personalities.
  10. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

that's odd, I didn't even know that you could turn off the SMS full screen notifications so I just tried it and it worked for me, with the unique sms tone too.

I don't know why these things should work with some phones and not others but I'm glad it works on my phone :)
  11. CanopicJar

CanopicJar New Member

I have been trying ringo and watchflag. Both programs seem to play the sounds at very low volumes. Anyone know how to correct this?

Travis
  12. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Make sure your profile volume is set to loud or at least 4.
    Menu
    Edit
    Set volume level

I use and love Ringo Mobile and it is plenty loud set at 4.
  13. CanopicJar

CanopicJar New Member

Question about ringo: I am working on setting up alerts for text messages from friends and ringo is not showing all the wav files i have on my Q. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks,
    Travis

ps - i did have my master volume set to low...doh!
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Where are the wav files? Ringo recognizes my music on my storage card but most of the ringtones I use are mp3's. Put your files in your music folder on your storage card and see if that works.
  15. CanopicJar

CanopicJar New Member

I have no card yet. :embarassed:

I have all the sound files in the windows folder...
  16. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

17. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Hey Matt
    Ringo won't recognize my wma music unless they are on my storage card. Tried them in my music folder and it didn't work.
  18. CanopicJar

CanopicJar New Member

I moved all the sound files into my music and that did the trick. I had moved all the files into the windows folder to try out watchflag, as that is where they have to be for that program.

Thanks for the help!
    Travis
  19. gray420

gray420 New Member

Help me, i am an idiot. Got ringo mobile, got mac, got itunes, got missing sync, got sd card, but I can't get ringo to do anything. I could only get music onto Q by making it m4a, but it doesn't seem like ringo supports that.
  20. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Gray,

Welcome to EQ -- Hhmm... Interesting. Try taking some small .wav files and some small .mp3 files and place then in the APPLICATION DATA/SOUNDS folder on your Moto Q. Or, place them in the root of your SD card.

Now, try going into RINGO and assigning them. You'll have to make sure that you navigate to the SOUNDS folder or the SD card when looking for them. If that still doesn't work, uninstall and re-stall Ringo.

Please keep my posted... We'll figure it out. Ringo is worth the trouble...

Thanks,

Matt!