SRS WOW-HD Sound for the Q9C!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by rbrainard, Aug 8, 2008.

1. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

nothing like having to sign-up with another forum board to download a application. lol
  2. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

nice! tried deleteing the program from the remove programs feature and well, luckily for me it removed the program name from the remove program feature but the program is still installed. and yes, I even did a soft reset and the program is still there. :-/
  3. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Uh, isn't this in the ROM of the Q9c? I've always had it in my accessories folder in the start menu both before and after the 6.1 update. Never actually used it though.

Edit: Wait never mind, I misinterpreted two posts back. He's talking about the settings both in the included audio enhancements program and the separate SRS program, never mind.
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I had that same problem. One of the reasons I was so quick to reset the phone for my GPS problem.

BTW I've joined more forums in the last few weeks than the last year just to get software.
  5. sulster

sulster Active Member

How do you get it the heck off your phone?
  6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

You don't. Either Cheri or Sherri was able tone it off her Q1 through some work

I think problem is threes already a of this on the phonee.
    It doesn't know how to remove it.
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

I did it. If I remember what I did, I will post it here. It kept freezing on my phone, and I didn't need, it.
  8. sulster

sulster Active Member

Thanks Sherri. Please please! :)
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

Where did it install? I probably removed it from the file manager built into the phone...then used the sktools lite to remove anything left. I don't see anything on my phone now, so it's hard to remember exactly what I did! Sorry I can't be more help!
  10. sulster

sulster Active Member

I have tried everything. Oh well.
  11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

backup and reset.
    Sometimes it's the easiest thing to do.
  12. poohhbearr

poohhbearr New Member

I guess no fix to uninstalling this yet. A warning that this would not work on Windows 6.1 would have been great. I think that should be a requirement to keep this post open. I loose alll sounds randomly. Everything whent to vibrate and sound non existent when i change all the system setups. need to figure out the uninstall if anybody has any Idea.

Thanks for trying to show a good product though. It would have been great if it worked.
  13. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Sorry to hear about the problems with this..but at least now I know not to install this app.
    I find my Q to be a pretty poor music player. It does not sound as good as my ipod.
  14. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

the stability and uninstall issues were both discussed .
    it's always a good idea to read more than the first post before downloading and installing .
  15. poohhbearr

poohhbearr New Member

Sorry, I still don't see anywhere that states that SRS Wow is not compatible with windows 6.1. But either way the warning should be stated on the first post since we are now moving into the 6.1 era. Just my opinion. I don't contribute enough to be to opinionated though.
    So I guess no input on how to remove huh?
  16. bruceatk

bruceatk New Member

It works fine on my Q9c with 6.1.

Bruce
  17. TheAngryPenguin

TheAngryPenguin New Member

Check out GSplayer if you want the best audio output possible from your phone -- it uses the MAD library to decode your music, which is much more accurate and natural sounding than the codec(s) used by WMP. With a good set of headphones and/or a decent cable to your system, you'll likely find yourself turning down/off all of that unnecessary equalization and DSP.
  18. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Actually, I'm using pocket tunes because of it's ability to synch with Itunes.
    I'll give this a whirl to see how it stacks up, but with the exceptions of quick trips to the corner bodegas or supermarkets or a friend's house..I'll stick with my aging Ipod mini as my main music player.
  19. glorify

glorify Member

I believe I got this to uninstall.

First I ran the uninstall in add/remove proggys. Next I rebooted, got no sound. Then ran SK Tools lite and manually deleted the shortcut from Start Menu with file browser.

Rebooted, now I have sound. EQ in Coreplayer works (but didn't try before uninstall).

Let me know if it works. Was tired of my sound dropping out.
  20. primer

primer New Member

same for me