Srpint Q9c Firmware

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Shmaa, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Shmaa

Shmaa New Member

Srpint Q9c Firmware

I have a Sprint q9c that recently decided to stop working. It gets to the "M" screen and hangs. I can make it to the Master reset page, but if i select yes, it does not complete the amster reset it just hangs. As a last resort I would like to reflash the firmware, but of course my phone is out of warranty so the tool on Motorola's site will not let me. I have downloaded RSD Lite, but I need the sprint firmware file to flash it with. Does anyone know where I can download this?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Just search for a Sprint Monster file for the Q9c, unfortunately I think there are some other files that would have needed to be backed up from your phone first in order for data to work (a step unique to Sprint phones)
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I've been looking for a Verizon monster and had no luck. All the links are 9 months old and
    dead. If anyone finds the monsters I will host them on my apps page.
  4. cr08

cr08 New Member

I actually ran into this problem myself. Just got a Q9c used and it was running 6.0 and I wanted to upgrade to 6.1 but it is out of warranty. This is not my fix but one I found on another site:

Shut off the phone and restart it while holding down the A and enter keys. This will put it into the bootloader mode. Plug in the usb and run the motorola update software. It will not be able to read the phone info and check the warranty but will let you continue with a firmware upgrade/reload. Keep in mind though this as well as any normal upgrade will wipe all the user data off.

Good luck!
  5. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Member

Just wanted to thank cr08 and let others know that I did those steps and was able to upgrade my Q9C to 6.1. Make sure your phone is charged up fully or in a good USB port before you start.
  6. djelmonstruo

djelmonstruo New Member

+1 on that THANKS
  7. rgaguirrejr

rgaguirrejr New Member

Where can I find a Sprint Monster file for the Q9C?
  8. bmn

bmn New Member