Sprint raises insurance replacement decuctibles from $50 to $100

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by magicman08, Feb 6, 2009.

1. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Sprint raises insurance replacement decuctibles from $50 to $100

I just got a letter in the mail with some "changes" to the equipment replacement program from asurion for sprint.

It will now be a $100 deductible from sprint to replace my q9c, and pretty much any other phone worth buying. And this is a $7 a month fee just to have the insurance. I really think at this point in time, @ $170 a year if I would replace the q9c it is not even worth it anymore. i could pretty much buy a used one off of ebay cheaper.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I was told by sprint when I got my C, insurance is a waist of money.

Ebay phone are not worth the money you pay for them either.
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Yeah but if you have TEP there's a lot of "extras" like free cleaning :)
    With TEP take the phone to a non corp store and they'll do an in store replacement and won't even charge the "$50".

With some of these phones you need insurance. You break or lose your Touch Pro and they are not going to give you any deals on a replacement.
    I was in the store a few months ago and somebody was in that situation, broken Upstage, the cheapest phone was $270 And that was for a Samsung flip that they give you free for signing a contract.
  4. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Well yeah it can be a deal, and it might not be a deal. At this point, I don't drink anymore. I will probably be canceling my insurance.

Why are the ebay ones not worth it?
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

do a quick search here. Type in EBay. Only 1 happy camper with a Q from EBay. They are used, abused, from countries you never heard about. They just s*ck.
  6. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

Omn my 5th Q1 in just over a year, never had to pay for a replacement :)
  7. sitlet

sitlet New Member

how long have you had the insurance? ive had my q9c for almost a year now and have always had tep on it. i have yet to get this letter in the mail. but it seems to me that if you are in a contract, sprint cant raise the rates on you unless you change your contract/plan.
  8. cbw20004

cbw20004 New Member

They can change the rates on some things, but a lot of times it would qualify as a breach and would need to allow you out of contract if you say that is why you want to leave them.
  9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I have yet to see that either although it's been mentioned on a few forums now.
    I haven't paid that $50 yet even when I exchanged my craigslist Diamond at a corp store /L
  10. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Sprint doesn't issue the insurance, asurion does...and they aren't raising the monthly fee....they are raising the replacement fee. Correct me if I am wrong... A. I am in a cheaper and better contract than what they offer now anyway. B. What can I do about it, If I don't like the fee....don't use that insurance. I guess

They have made several changes to this crap over the last two years....
  11. modjo345

modjo345 New Member

thats typical of sprint. Ive had nothing but issues with them. thats why they have the highest customer turnover in the industry
  12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I forgot to mention this.

I activated a new phone on one on my lines and was asked if I wanted insurance so I brought this up.
    I was assured repeatedly that it was NOT going up.

The CS even checked came back and said again said there wasn't going to be an increase.

We'll see. I got the insurance anyway since I already posted how to get around it.
    Besides has anybodywith TEP had to pay the $50.
    I had Sprint do it, they paid, trying to get uppgraded. If you do 3 claims in a certain period they swap phones.
    From taliking to techs at the store on one of my vivits, there was a guy raising heck cause they told he he had to pay, they only do that for water damaged phones.
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Like MagicMan said earlier, it's not Sprint raising the fee, it's Asurion. So don't get mad at Sprint for this one. After being a Sprint Customer for 7 years I haven't had any problems with their customer service, but that may be because I use a business call center...
  14. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I'm confused.
    I have not received a letter yet nor has a bunch of people in other threads on different forums.
  15. My assurion replacement was 50.00 last friday and got the phone by saturday on verizon. different rates for different carriers?
  16. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i've been with them for 7 years, and have hardly had a issue with them. every company has issues with their customer service. sometimes yes the csr's are pain to deal with and then there are customers who can't basically read a billing statement. that's like someone calling into a csr dept and asking, it says press any key to continue on my screen but i can't find the any key button on my keyboard.
  17. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

possibly, or the price rates haven't taken affect yet. i can't see there being a different pricing for different carriers unless verizon customers are paying a bigger premium.
  18. 7.00 a month for full converage, and there is a 4.00 plan I think that doesn't cover water damage.
  19. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

looks like maybe pricing hasn't took effect yet. i'll have to look and see when it says it starts.
  20. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

tony, just checked my booklet and it doesn't start until 4/14/09