Sprint officially releases Picture Mail for windows mobile including q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by DOMKID, Oct 30, 2008.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

no short cut, find a picture, click menu and you will see send, also your text account is renamed and more option in that menu.
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I got that part but iniyially it had to be configured.
    I want to add photobucket ):
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

in messaging, click menu/new/post to service
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

THX. There must be some difference in my version.
    I don't have that option, only contacts. I did find the programs in windows but they don't seem to launch.
    Picture mail still woks to contacts.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Hmmm, when you are in your messaging accout and you click menu/new, what is in the next menu? i have, sms, picture mail and post to service. did you get it fromthe sprint site?
  6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Like I said, there's a difference in my phone.
    I won't take the thread off-topic, trust me.
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Well that answered that question, cause sMMS only has "contacts" in that menu.
  8. jjenkins02

jjenkins02 New Member

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to wait until I pick up my new phone. For the time being sMMS is working OK.
  9. miro

miro New Member

Seems to work very well so far, sMMS is superior to me, but the integration with messaging is definitely a plus. If I hadn't already bought sMMS I would probably be OK with this though, I'm not a frequent picture mail user.

Two interesting things... first, I had installed the uninstallable beta version some time ago and installing this one seems to have gotten rid of the old beta version. Second, after I installed and rebooted the first time, my home screen had no text for any of my softkey commands as I moved through the panels. A second reboot fixed problem #2, though.
  10. nags

nags New Member

Wish it would work on my original Q.
  11. parrish6

parrish6 New Member

Anybody else find it funny that this is downloaded from Sprint but still get the message "The program is from an unknown publisher, install only if you trust this publisher (Sprint)". LOL
  12. miprofessor

miprofessor New Member

Web link no longer available for sprint picture mail sw, please help

Web site at software.sprint.com no longer available...help me!

13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

just tried. still there
    http:\\softwarestore.sprint.com\wap
  14. Zinja

Zinja New Member

Not only is Picture Mail there, which works flawlessly for me, but there is now a piece of software for bar-code scanning.

Checking it out now...
  15. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Saw that too. Giving it a run now.
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

The program is called ScanLife and is a reader not for standard SKU bar codes but those boxes made up of seemingly random pixels, called EZcodes. The program works very well, and reads even fuzzy codes from a monitor. It senses them automatically, and with a set of beeps opens the related page the code links to.

Here's a video I threw up on YT of the program working it's magic. It's horribly done, but that's what MyMobiler gives you:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/w7mC5Ho70mE[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/v/w7mC5Ho70mE
  17. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well, it should show up.
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

saw that, why would one want that? Realy, I'm asking.

Im a Noobe here

Yea OK.
  19. op12

op12 New Member

dafoxs, I actually posted a story about it on my blog when I found out Sprint offered it free at the beginning of this year:
    http://symbii.com/stories.php?sid=735&tid=52

The US is moving slowly on this, Japan already has these barcodes everywhere. Here's what I posted about what you can do with it:

"Scanlife uses their own format, EZcodes, though they also recognize several other popular formats. Depending on the format, many support more than just linking to websites such as storing contact information, SMS and text information, calendar info, call a phone number (no need to dial), etc. For instance you could put a code containing contact information onto your business card, and now someone can easily add all your information to their phone."
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

sounds cool, i cant find one to try.