sprint navigation

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by definition56, Mar 27, 2008.

1. definition56

definition56 New Member

sprint navigation

I accidentally uninstalled my sprint navigation and now I cant find where to download it. Sprint gives some vague directions on where to download. Does anyone have a specific site to download this from. Also when i reinstall, can i install this onto the sd card? Sorry just got my phone and i'm new to the smartphone world.

Thanks in advance.
  2. definition56

definition56 New Member

Go to the web browser on your phone and search for "nav"

this is what sprint tells to do to download sprint navigation. my web browser is IE and the homepage is sprint powerdeck....with no search bar. :angry:
  3. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

The directions Sprint provides to download the program does not work on the Q9c. A search for "nav" yields no results. I think the best way to download it would be to call customer service and have them send you a link via text message...

And yes, you can install it on a SD card...
  4. definition56

definition56 New Member

just called sprint. the tech rep knew about as much as i do about this....no soup.
  5. mastamind

mastamind New Member

This happened to me once. Go to your file manager and look in the windows folder. look for an .exe file and re-install. Also try looking in the program files folder.
  6. definition56

definition56 New Member

just tried that as well...nothing that looked remotely familiar. i did find a sprint navigation download in the digital lounge of the sprint site but it wont let me download it. this is insane.
  7. definition56

definition56 New Member

8. bhestertx

bhestertx New Member

So did it actually remove the link from your Start Menu???
    I uninstalled it once and to reinstall I just selected it from the Start Menu again and it kicked off the download and install.
    After you install, the link on the Start Menu runs the file \Program Files\TeleNav\TeleNav.exe which is the application which doesn't do you much good.

However... I was perusing the Windows folder and noticed a Sprint Navigation.lnk.bak. I checked and this one runs \Windows\SprintNavigation.exe. I'd wager a guess that this gets run to install the app.

If your Start Menu link is gone, you could try running SprintNavigation.exe from the Windows folder. It's a system file, so you'll have to uncheck the Hide System Files box in Menu..Otions to see it.

Hope it works for you!
  9. definition56

definition56 New Member

nope. nothing in the start menu. i did find and install telenav...but it's different software. i ve talked with three tech reps now and a sprint repair center tech and no one has a clue. one tech rep even went as far as saying that my q9c did not support navigation.
  10. bhestertx

bhestertx New Member

I'm still thinking that the file \Windows\SprintNavigation.exe is the way to go...
    I tried pulling it off to attach here, but it won't let me. I can't copy or rename it so my guess is it's a file on the ROM, which means you should still have it on yours. I'd be surprised if it was delete-able.

Here's the original link file. Download it, rename it to a .lnk (first letter is a lowercase "L" and not a capital "i" as I've seen some people mistakenly use on here lol), and place it in the \Windows\Start Menu directory on your Q9. That should give you a link on your Start Menu which should run the SprintNavigation.exe. Assuming I'm correct on what that file is, that should kick off the download and install. Well, if memory serves me correctly, it will take you to a page where you can kick off the download and install.

Shouldn't hurt anything if it doesn't work and then if it doesn't you can just delete the .lnk from the \Window\Start Menu folder.

UPDATE: I decided to throw caution to the wind and run the SprintNavigation.exe. If did in fact open a browser and take me to the page that has the "Download Now" button. Here's the link it takes you to:
    http://otacdn.telenav.com/ota/sn/nav/sn-mot-q-q9c/

and yes, entering that into the address bar will also take you there.

Good luck with it!

Attached Files:

11. definition56

definition56 New Member

thanks for your help. That's exactly what I have been looking for....but, I tried the link and it sent me to a blank white screen. This is crazy. I can't believe sprint does not have a link to this somewhere. Do you by chance have the .cab file stored somewhere or the .exe that I could get? I'm wondering if a hard reset would even bring this back?

Thanks again.
  12. scottsimon1979

scottsimon1979 New Member

Just found this link on Google. I can't currently test it out because it appears Telenav is doing maintenance. Looks like you need to visit it from your phone though.

ota.telenav.com/ota/sn/nav/

So the link that was posted in the post on the last page is probably good, its just not working because of the site maintenance. Try again tommorow.

I found this post on another board...someone was having the same issue for a different phone:

"It's kind of ridiculous how hard it is to find a download for this. After searching the interwebs for nearly ten minutes I think I may have found it: http://ota.telenav.com/ota/sn/nav/rim-8130/

I haven't tested this, and I don't know if this is the right program, but if it's not, I'll see if I can't try and find the right one.
    "

Just curious...why use Sprint Navigation? I find Google Maps and Windows Live Search to be much better....
  13. definition56

definition56 New Member

maybe this is why i have been having so many issues. I don't know why I want to use sprint navigation so bad...I really like the interface and functionality...I think mostly I'm getting frustrated because I can't get it back.

i tried the link and its a .jad file. Jbed recognizes it but It says that "sprint navigation cannot be installed because critical information is missing from the application file (MIDlet-Jar-URL).-18...." .

I have never felt so stupid in my life. I will keep trying the other link. Thank you for all your help.
  14. bhestertx

bhestertx New Member

Yeah looks like something is up with the site. It was working when I updated my last post but now it's just a blank screen for me too.

Actually now that I think aboout it, I haven't downloaded Nav on my other Q9c... I'll get it tonight and post the cab and see if that helps you. And if the site is down for a while you can at least get it installed!

On a side note, not surprised that http://ota.telenav.com/ota/sn/nav/rim-8130/ doesn't work... Isn't a rim-8130 a blackberry?
  15. definition56

definition56 New Member

16. definition56

definition56 New Member

update...well i bit the bullet and did a hard reset. everything is back to normal and sprint navigation is back. i just wish there was an easier way.

Thanks again for all of your insight.
  17. bhestertx

bhestertx New Member

Glad you got it working, but sucks that you had to reset. Just got the cab downloaded and tried to post it, but it's too large to post here...

Have to admit, I'm the one that feels stupid now. After I said that I would post the cab here, I realized that the only way I was going to get it would be to hit the web page. Well, DUH!, if you can't get there to download how was I going to?!? *smack self on forehead* lol

Anyway, if anyone wants the cab to host it somewhere, let me know.
  18. kwajrnc

kwajrnc New Member

just go to your windows folder thru the file manager use menu options uncheck hidden files scroll way down till you get to sprint.exe that will open up a link in pie and download and reinstall
  19. jasontrueblood

jasontrueblood New Member

i had the same problem and got it to work

i used the above link in my moto q9c brower but edited it a little to this belowe
    http://otacdn.telenav.com/ota/sn/nav
    it takes you to a page that says
    Sprint Navigation

(download now) button
    click the button and your in biz
    ps thanks to the above poster :wink:
  20. ykpaiha450

ykpaiha450 New Member