Sprint Moto Q9c - Detailed Picture and Specs Here from Sprint

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by SprintBoiler, Nov 18, 2007.

1. johnwashere

johnwashere New Member

Looks nice. Im very happy they included the extended battery, I would of bought one anyways. I like using my slingbox. :)
  2. ttboy44

ttboy44 New Member

I went and looked at the New Q9C today at the store. they did have 1. I was very disappointed. Very. It is the current Q with WM 6 on it and a hump back with an extended battery. It is pretty sad when the manufacturer can not make the original idea work. brother of the RAZER. THIN PDA...... I think WM might have got there act together but Moto did not. Oh well, back to the drawing board. I was all excited about a new phone. have to look at BB, Palm, or an HTC device. There just does not seem to be any changes other than the hump back and WM 6. do not feel like giving money away just to get something shiny.
  3. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Sorry, Feel the same way too

yeah I feel the same way too. I was so mad at many aspects, I was like, isnt this still the original Q? No MMS, hump back, ........nah man, I will pass on this one
  4. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Ok, in the Q9c's defense, no WM phone has MMS. It has never come standard (w/o hacks). Is it that hard to email and attach?

The humpback is stupid I'll agree, but if it's really a big issue, you can always buy the regular battery.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

not true...
    unless you say no WM phones except for Verizon has had MMS:wink:
  6. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Wrong

See, just sprint WM phones don't send MMS, and attaching only goes with emails. Who in GOD's name will have to go to a computer to look at the pictures u just sent them, I mean, whats up with that? I wouldnt ....
    And as for the buying the original, why dont Sprint just leave it the way Motorola intended? Look at Verizon, they, get the whole package. I still say, I will pass this one by. So much for the wait, I am so pissed. Wonder what next I have to wait for, for Sprint and Moto to screw up
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Disappointed

I must say I was disappointed in the Q9C. I couldn't find a store that has one here but I wouldn't have gotten it anyway. I am not eligible for an upgrade so they want me to pay 449.99 for the phone. I can get one for 249.99 if I establish a new line of service, which means paying for 2 lines and only using one but still paying 2 bills. Not going to do that for a phone that I don't need. I have my original Q all blinged out with my custom home screens and 3rd party apps so I will stick with that. Since I don't use my Q for business I don't know what the difference between WM5 and WM6 anyway.
    But all in all, Sprint and Motorola need to figure this thing out. I mean some cities have the new phones and how does a Sprint store not know when they are getting the phone. I would be ashamed to say I work for either company provided the lack of planning that was behind the release of this phone.
    Just my 2 cents but I will continue to rock my original Q proudly!!
  8. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

I actually think they've done a nice job on this one. First off, they have done more than add WM6 and a larger battery (both of which are nice improvements, btw).

From the reports I'm reading on Sprintusers.com, this q9c has unrestricted GPS embedded. They are saying that google maps, etc is able to easily access the current location, which is a nice addition. As I understand it, this is one of the reasons that the device itself (not including battery), is slightly thicker than the old q.

Also, they have added an ambient light sensor to the front of this thing, which helps with screen brightness and battery life. I know it isn't as nice as getting a 3 MPX camera on the device, but it is a new addition (I think, the old Q doesn't have this, right?)

Also, if you haven't tried it, the new keyboard on this thing is PHENOMENAL. I know you don't like change, and you prefer the old Q keyboard. But as someone who is coming from a Non-Q, I must say, the keyboard on this thing is great, and actually makes me want to type on this thing.

I am actually happy that the guts of this thing are similar and aren't updated with faster this, higher pixels, etc. I have been a phone junkie for my last several phones (who also uses my phone about 3000 minutes a month for work). I always wind up getting the most fully featured phone (camera, internet, memory, etc) and I always have issues with it because of all the new tech they try to jam into these things. I'm happy to be going to a phone that has been around for a while but is updated. And HOPEFULLY is good at the basics (speakerphone, volume, connection, call quality, etc)

You gotta love the look of it - the thing does look great.

Now I will agree that we HAVE GOT to get rid of that humpback on the rear of the phone - that is a little big for my tastes. I am really surprised they put that on there. I have used the q9c with the regular slim battery and back, and it looks great.
  9. blulegend

blulegend New Member

No one has answered the question of whether or not the keyboard still misses keypresses.
  10. mariog7

mariog7 New Member

Actually, I just got back from playing with the Q9c at my local Sprint store and it seems like the missing key issue has been resolved! That, along with the better keyboard, will make me want to upgrade.
  11. RUGBYNUTT

RUGBYNUTT New Member

I guess we are stuck with being the pioneer users and ultimately make it better for everyone else.. look how much has changed in the past 2 years with the basic Q.. 3 software updates and hunderds of 3rd party software applications and accessories..

Hopefully within the near future the same will happen to the Q9.

The providers are listening to our feedback, they just need to listen better to our MMS and smaller more powerfull battery requests.
  12. timber

timber Member

I haven't run into that issue confirmed as yet.....I returned the original Q because of that issue, so I'm really good at reproducing it.

I'll let you know if I run into it.
  13. irfan

irfan New Member

Why the heck couldnt they go with the Q9h's keypad? same hard keys plus hard keys for for calendar, contacts, music, web. And its Sprint thats the issue with MMS, not Moto. If sprint wanted a Q9c with the Q9h keypad im sure they could have gotten it. all the screwups are on sprints end for the requirements the ask for from Moto. moto just makes what sprint wants.

I was hoping for more dedicated hardkeys.. you shouldnt have to hold a shortcut key to launch a browser on a smartphone.. shouldnt need soft keys for calendar or contacts either... and I wanted MMS. Really all this has going for it is better GPS and looks a little better.
  14. Boe

Boe New Member

Does anyone know whether the Original Q's standard battery and cover work with the Q9c?

If not what cover and battery do I search for in EverythingQ's store (Q9c, Q9h, Q9m)?

EDIT: I just did some research in the Q store and I did find out that the BT60 battery will work in the Q and the Q9m.
  15. timber

timber Member

Man, for the last time, it does not work! Lol, just messin. The standard battery door does not work on the Q9C.
  16. irfan

irfan New Member

i thought it comes with standard batt and cover, and extended batt and cover.
  17. theicepelican

theicepelican New Member

i think that sexy is the best word to describe it.....
  18. danwo

danwo New Member