Sprint Holiday Ad for Motorola Q2

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by chris, Nov 9, 2007.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Sprint Holiday Ad for Motorola Q2

So much for the Moto Q 9c. It looks as if the new Moto Q 9 is going to be called the Motorola Q2.
  2. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

"This promotional ad direct from Sprint's "Special Offers" website confirms that indeed they will be releasing a CDMA variant of the Moto Q 9h under the name Motorola Q2. No further details were available and it's still unclear what differences are between the Moto Q 9h released just last week on AT&T and the Motorola Q2 scheduled for release from Sprint."

This of course, is much different from what we have been believing, that this new Q for sprint would simply be a Sprint version of the Q9m that recently launched for Verizon. Is this simply a mistake? Something tells me this is still the same Q hardware with a WM6 upgrade, better keyboard and case, etc.

Also, does anyone think it is suprising that Sprint hasn't had an official release date on this thing yet? Today is the 9th, which would put this phone release at 2 weeks from today. However, I imagine that with the Centro and the Touch recently released, they don't want to steal the sales thunder of those devices by launching and promoting too many smart devices at once.
  3. kellybrf

kellybrf New Member

its simply a mistake. it is indeed the q9c, and the official date is black friday (along with the pearl.) most phones dont get preannounced, info just leaks and everyone knows it
  4. chris

This is a live Sprint site, so I'd be more inclined to think that Motorola Q2 is the official name.
  5. chris

I should add that nothing surprises me when it comes to these naming conventions. The Moto Q 9h was the Moto Q 9, Moto Q Global...very confusing.
  6. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

Yeah, I think you are right that the name will be the Q2. We were debating whether this thing was a closer to being a similar version of the q9h or the q9m from Verizon. It would seem to make more sense that the Q2 would share similarities to its CDMA equivalent.

Good find though, and a good sign that this thing is on its way.
  7. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

8. chris

WOW....awesome find! $149 is an amazing price point for this phone. I really like the silver on the sides. Not sure how it compares to the Q9h, but will now if a few minutes as I just received mine via UPS.:laugh2:
  9. mariog7

mariog7 New Member

UPS today - already? HOw did you get the phone so early? Also, does this have GPS built in?
  10. chris

It's the AT&T Moto Q 9h. I purchased off eBay for Saturday delivery. I'm actually late to that party.:foot:
  11. kellybrf

kellybrf New Member

sorry, i didnt mean the name was a mistake, it appears it will be called the q2 on sprint. the device, however, is the q9c renamed. as for the price, its no surprise. its a direct replacement to the q which is selling for that right now (and has been as low as $80)
  12. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

14. chris

You were right. Appears to be the Moto Q 9c.:wink: