Sprint 9Qc Frustrations!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Gruenbot, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Gruenbot

Gruenbot New Member

Sprint 9Qc Frustrations!

Okay all, help me out. I just switched to Sprint from Verizon and bought 2 Q9c phones. Are there other Sprint Users who have had similar problems?

Mine:
    So far I've had the Sprint Navigation problem with next-to-no audio. I had to go in and delete preferences which reset the Navigation.
    Then my outlook won't let me change my User Name and/or Domain. So Sprint had me do a Hard Reset of my phone. Wiped out everything. Had to reinstall all software.
    Now I'm back to no audio on my Navigation, and once again my Outlook won't let me change my User Name and/or domain (for Exchange). I still have not been able to successfully connect to the Exchange server at my work.

Sprint does not know what to tell me because "it's such a new device that we haven't learned all its quirks". Well that's nice that they'd sell a phone without testing it first.

My Wife's:

For some reason her SprintTV does not work (mine does). After going through 4 levels of tech support (I think #2 had her do a hard reset and #3 asked her if she thought she was really going to use the Sprint TV!) Finally level 4 called her back today and told her it was a known network problem with some PDAs, it's a sporadic problem (apparently so sporadic that hers won't work and mine will!)

Boy, I'm thinking even though these phones were free ... they may not be worth it.

Anyone else as disappointed as I am in Sprint and their 9Qc? (yes, I know I'm posting this in a Q fan club)

I've got just over a week to decide if I'm sticking with Sprint to telling them to shove their 30-Day-Network guarantee up their #@$*&(.

Thanks!
  2. oldskewlsk8ter

oldskewlsk8ter New Member

I had the same problems with my Nav...turns out I had the volume turned down:frown:...I know it sounds simple but have you checked that? Set up the Nav to give you directions somewhere, if it doesn't say anything turn the scroll wheel and hit the spacebar for it to repeat the directions...sorry but I don't remember which way does volume up or down
  3. lammcspicy

lammcspicy New Member

i had frustrations at 1st with no internet access and tv not working. It took 48 hours approx after activation for it to start working. This phone is excellent , a hige improvement on the q

4. timber

timber Member

You probably have the volumne down on navigation.....
  5. Gruenbot

Gruenbot New Member

To Clarify:
    I've had the phones for two weeks ... the phones are well activated

and the volume is at full for the Navigator.
  6. timber

timber Member

Are you installing any additional applications?
  7. Gruenbot

Gruenbot New Member

The only other two programs that I have installed are:

Pocket Quicken 2.5
    and
    wmIRC
  8. oldskewlsk8ter

oldskewlsk8ter New Member

How do you know when the volume is at full on the navigation? The only way I could make it work was to turn the scroll wheel and push the space bar for voice prompts to adjust the volume?? I haven't found anything in the settings/tools to set the volume at full?? Am I missing something? I hate having to manually adjust mine everytime I turn on Nav...
  9. mabmarc

mabmarc New Member

Volume

I am not sure if this is your problem or not. I have had similar problems with Audible audio books. There are 2 volume controls on this phone. 1 volume control is in the program (in your case the GPS software). The 2nd volume control is on the phone itself. To access the second volume control Press in on the volume wheel and hold it until a "Volume:" bar appears. Use the scroll wheel to increase the volume all the way up. It could be your problem.

Like others have said, this phone is really a nice improvement over the old Q. I had both.
  10. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

How the heck did you pull off 2 Q9C's for FREE!?!?!
  11. Gruenbot

Gruenbot New Member

Best Buy in the ad the week of the 16th :)

Price match within 30 days ... they refunded me all the money I paid for them.
  12. seltic98

seltic98 New Member

No Sprint Navigation Audio Q9c

My Navigation audio worked when I first started it and hasn't worked since. For the first week I searched everywhere on the phone to turn the audio on. Since then I have seen numerous postings regarding this problem on the web. I have come to believe that it will not work again. I do not want to do a systems reset as I have read that doesn't help either. So now it looks like I'm saddled with a lemon for two years.

And by the way... It's useless trying to talk to Sprint. With overseas support, if it is not in their "script", it isn't going to get fixed. After hours of getting transferred/cut off and totally frustrated I gave up.

If ANYONE has a real soultion I would be eternally grateful!
  13. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

Fix/Workaround

Make sure your favorites and recent places are refreshed, then exit Sprint Navigation and delete the program files/telenav/preferences.bin file and restart Sprint Nav and login. Refresh both favorites and recent places.

I've had this "no volume" problem occur three times--not sure what triggers it but this always works as a fix/workaround.

HTH,
    Todd/Indy
  14. BigKoont

BigKoont New Member

That's probably why they were free. They have defects. Best buy was theeee only place I heard that was giving them out for the free. I've had 2 bad experiences with best buy and their electronics. My 2 cents.
  15. randallflagg

randallflagg New Member

well in my case my wife works in the wireless area so I got the phone for free and 25% off our bill. havent had a problem other than for some reason the oz IM software they package will sometimes lock the phone for a few minutes at a time. and I honestly didnt know the navigator had voice directions. never bothered to check that.:laugh2:
  16. adma

adma New Member

Because Moto specifically ships their dud phones to Bestbuy and the good ones to the Sprint stores...
  17. mrlorider

mrlorider New Member

With the SprintTV issue. You have to reinstall the program from the .cab file
    Follow these steps:
    Click the "start" button
    Click on "File Manager"
    Click on "My Documents" folder
    and then Click on the file "MobiTV_Sprint_TV_SP_Moto.cab"
    This should reinstall the Sprint Tv program
    It should work now.
  18. Gruenbot

Gruenbot New Member

I just tired that ... it still doesn't. Every channel I try to go to on the phone says "Channel Not Available" ... even though it's available on my phone in my other hand.

I also don't believe the comment that was made that Motorola sends their duds to Best Buy and their good ones to the Sprint Stores. Best Buy isn't going to stand for that when they would lose a customer who would be coming back for bigger ticket items. And since Sprint Stores would be working with you for your warranty replacement phone ... that does not hold water either.