Splash Screen That The Girls Might Like

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by DeadGirlSuperstar66, Feb 1, 2008.

1. cheri

cheri Active Member

Well let see just use facade then...i have orange only because so many hs require it.
    Why you just come up with something. You know what ur doing lol...ive seen ur work lol...my calendar is important, i can live w\o recent task.

When u get time...no hurry :)
  2. DeadGirlSuperstar66

DeadGirlSuperstar66 New Member

Sorry guys, still working on that D&B screen trying to make it just right.
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

dont worry, your young and have a life! lol
    Happy Valentines Day xoxoxoxoxo
    BTW my co worker loves the Juicy splash screen!
  4. eko

eko New Member

:) I am glad someone is young and having fun tonight :(
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

Yeah i know...i wont give away age since that is not appropriate for a lady to do with out permission. But I will say this young lady is probably the envy of the board. And at least younger than I am. lol

I could at least be her much older sister or a aunt! lol dont push it with grandma though....but i will never tell lol
  6. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

I must say, it's pretty cool to see other females participating on the board too!

Just wanted to say Hi!

~maria =)
  7. eko

eko New Member

Im a yougin as well I just have my 3 girls that Ive been taking care of all day, and the hubby is at school till late tonigh. I think kids make you old very quickly :( Although I wouldnt trade them for a thing.

And yes it is nice to see other women on the boards. Ive been modding cell phones for over 6 years now, and I think this is the most I have consistantly see women post :) Its deffinatly nice
  8. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Yeah, me too. I've been tinkering around with cell phones for about 5yrs... but I think now that I just got my first smartphone I've been getting more and more into it, like not just wallpapers and personal ringtones anymore - but more xml editing and reg edits.

I've been lurking around getting ideas on creating some homescreens myself...just haven't gotten the nerve to actually do one yet. There's so many awesome homescreens out there (like yours with the marvelous background images) that mine might look too simple =(

~maria

P.S.
    I'm a young'n too... younger than 30 ;)
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

shut up both of you its time to go to bed lol...JK im 42 so I can tell you both that!
  10. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

LOL... actually, I should get back to work now...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

~maria
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

(ssssssh me too! im gonna get it, and not in a good way!)
  12. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Just think eko, when you get Halle Berry's age your children will be getting ready to leave the nest. You won't be starting out. I couldn't imagine having children at 41. I had mine young and now I am a grandmother at 41. But I can love him and kiss him and give him back!! And my house is blessedly quiet, save for my 13 yr old.

Glad to have so many women to talk with on this site too. And especially those who wade into the xml pool.

Happy Valentines' Day!!
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

Well when I was pregnant with Vincent people were all shocked because I had gone thru a dramatic metamorphasis physically prior to pregnancy, people would not have thought I would risk that and well it was very unexpected pregnancy (even for me) I wouldnt change it. I am much more patient to the point of irritating my older kids sometimes lol. But on the down side my energy level is not what it was at 18 and 25. I can manage though! Vincent gets plenty of play time, I think that is part of what has helped his progress so much with autism. He loves to play with me...his favorite words right now are soup and fruit...he knows when he gets going he is going to be tickled to near pants peeing state lol Or thrown on the "luv sac" www.lovesac.com
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Don't get me wrong, I know sometimes life dictates having a baby late in life. I have a friend who thought she was finished having children. She had just gotten remarried and was looking forward to her 'baby' going off to college in a few years and her and her husband buying a two seater and just chilling. Well, the flu she thought she had turned out to the most precious little girl. My friend will be 43 this yr and Jayla just turned 1 in November.
    For those that thought they never could have children I'm sure a child at any age is a blessing.
    I'm just glad my bundles of joy are all grown or very nearly grown.
  15. eko

eko New Member

lol ok well if we are all throwing ages out im 26, and dont be dissing your screens. Homescreens dont have to have super fancy backgrounds to look nice, I mean sure it doesnt hurt, but there is always someone who will like it. A lot of people probably think my as well as some others homescreens are too busy.

Isnt work grand theres always some sort of it for you to get back to, thats one thng you can always count on :)

yeah I am glad that I have had my kiddos yearly, and yes children are a blessing no matter how old you are. I am just thankful that I have mine. I have had 3 friends lose babies since I had my first, and that is a very hard thing. But God knows what he is doing and what timing is best
  16. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yeah, my 20 yr old called me from college the other day to tell me that his best friend had just lost his 3 month old son to crib death. Dealing with the loss of a child is difficult at any age but when you're as young as these 2 it's extremely difficult. My heart goes out to them, finding words of comfort sometimes seems futile.
  17. cheri

cheri Active Member

that is so sad, i hope they can find some peace i cant imagine the pain.
  18. cindra

cindra Active Member

LOL I waded into the xml pool and got bit! I was just trying to get my clock to show up larger. I opened a copy of my current home screen xml file with notepad, made a couple of changes to test, and got a message that the file could be transferred to my Q, but would not be available for use. WHAAA? Didn't know it'd change if it was edited! Isn't that how it's done?? :embarassed:

I guess I'll just have to get stronger bifocals to see that clock.
  19. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Yes, that's how it's done. If you were trying to make the clock larger you should have only gone in to change the font size properties for that specific plugin (keeping in mind how it would affect the spacing on everything else).

If that's all you changed there should have been no problem in transferring back the updated xml file. Was it saved with the same file name? Did you transfer it over to the same location on the device? It should overwrite the one on the Q and then you have to go in and reload the homescreen again for the changes to take effect (basically go into homescreen settings and reselect it).

~maria
  20. DeadGirlSuperstar66

DeadGirlSuperstar66 New Member

Heres my D&B screen, sorry it took so long. I admit this wasn't how I wanted it to turn out because I didn't find much to work with so I am sorry its kind of a crappy screen. Actually those heart charms are from my actual D&B phone case, lol.
    [​IMG]