Spectec Wifi cards

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by amerkshockey9, Feb 18, 2008.

1. IdejMcD

IdejMcD New Member

The standard miniSD card is actually smaller than the size of the miniSD WiFi card.

The Q9m has a miniSD card slot and came with a microSD adaptor that is the size of the standard miniSD.

So as long as Spectec's microSD wifi card is the same size as a standard microSD (unlike their miniSD wifi) it won't stick out of the card slot.

This is also relevent because if I can't shut the card bay door I'll have even more things hanging off my Q.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

That's my point . . . do you know if the micro SD wifi card is exactly the same size as a regular micro SD card, or is it like the mini SD wifi card and slightly longer than a standard card so that it would protrude from the slot?
  3. IdejMcD

IdejMcD New Member

I guess we won't really know until they start selling it, which brings me back to my original question:

When are they going to start selling the microSD card?
  4. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

I'd rather a miniSD sized one, with a slot built in to put a microSD(HC) card into so that it isn't just one or the other, personally. Sort of like a micro-> mini adapter with wifi built in.
  5. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

According to Spectec, they are releasing a miniSD wifi card with a microSD card slot soon.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q-accessories/wifi-card-with-memory-16019.html

As for the card sticking out, it has to. That's how it picks up the signal.
  6. IdejMcD

IdejMcD New Member

Still not really having my question answered though:When is the MicroSD Wifi card being released?
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no one knows
    (probably why you havent found an answer)

why not try to email them?
  8. IdejMcD

IdejMcD New Member

best answer i've gotten yet, I'll give that a try.
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

:laugh2:
    and then you get to be the one with the answer to post back to use
    haha
  10. vace0009

vace0009 New Member

why does it need to stick out. just about every device made now has an internal antenna. my laptop, gps, cell phone all have internal antenna for picking up wireless signals. Its rediculous to think that it has to stick out the side. I remember that they once said that we would never have computers in our houses...impossible? I doubt it..
  11. IdejMcD

IdejMcD New Member

vace makes a good point that I've been begging to prove. I'm thinking it's larger because there's larger circuit boards in it. If they can make a wifi card as small as the microSD (which according to the photo's on their site is the same dimensions as the typical microSD card) then they should be able to manufacture a miniWIFI that's the size of a typical miniSD.

ionno, I'm confused and I wish motorola would release their own wifi devices so that I wouldn't be so worried about busting my phone.

p.s. still waiting to hear back from the good people at Spectec.
  12. op12

op12 New Member

13. whilo2403

whilo2403 New Member

Micro sd on minisd adapter

The thing is you insert the microsd making the pins going inside so there is a little part coming out the adapter when you put it in the moto q you can actually force the little door to fit in and close, but the main purporse for the card to have a little part outside is because that´s the antenna so it must not be covered.

The best think to do is get the right part for the right component.

Regards,
    w