Spectec Wifi cards

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by amerkshockey9, Feb 18, 2008.

1. amerkshockey9

amerkshockey9 New Member

2. JBurger538

JBurger538 New Member

That is the Wifi card I have and it works fine.
  3. amerkshockey9

amerkshockey9 New Member

4. amerkshockey9

amerkshockey9 New Member

Just a quick update for people when they search. This card works perfectly for me. I put spectec's software on my phone, plugged in the card, and was online within 5 minutes.

Just make sure you get the Moto Q version and you're set
  5. itasor

itasor New Member

I'm curious what the difference is between the Q one and the "regular" one. I have never seen the Q specific one before and just assumed it was $10 more because most sellers do that when they market a product specifically for a certain device.

Is there anything actually different that makes it $10 more? Both say they will work with WM 6.0...

EDIT: I was wondering, if we were to buy this: http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdw823.htm

...the Micro SD wifi card, and used the adapter included with the Q9m, would the card stick out at all? Trying to avoid having something sticking out like with the Spectec Mini SD most people are using.
  6. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I don't think the micro is available for sale yet and you may be right. Your would think they would put a different part no. if the Q one was different. Then again, why take a chance for $10.and the Chinese don't always adhere to the same numbering and instructional info we do.
  7. itasor

itasor New Member

Because I would hate to waste $10 because their marketing scheme of saying the Q one is different (not saying it isn't, I don't know). Maybe I'll try to contact them and ask the differences.
  8. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Good luck..I think if you ask them they are going to of course tell you they are different. All marketers tell lies to back up there other lies. The only way to really tell if the cheaper one works is either try it or get verification from another user.
  9. itasor

itasor New Member

Yes I know, but I will ask what exactly the difference in specifications is.
  10. organicjerk

organicjerk New Member

11. itasor

itasor New Member

Maybe, but you think they would mention that. It's funny how in the review you posted, they show the standard version in a Q9m, proving that both of them do work in the Q9m.

I have e-mailed Spectec and will post what they say regarding the difference between standard and Q specific.

If you compare specs (of the SDW-822 standard and SDW-822 Q specific), the standard one has a less average power consumption. You would think that it would be the other way around, as the Q's battery isn't that great to begin with.
  12. amerkshockey9

amerkshockey9 New Member

13. itasor

itasor New Member

I e-mailed Spectec asking what the difference is between the regular version and Q version. They replied with:

Then I responded that I realize that, I'm just curious what the difference is, specification wise, between the two versions. To which they replied with:

Well, you certainly don't want to dispoint yourself, so I guess we need to get the Q specific version. What actually makes it a Q version is a mystery I guess.
  14. oresteez

oresteez New Member

stop asking what's in the soup and just eat the soup...lol

15. itasor

itasor New Member

But what if there's another soup just like it that costs less?

Anyway, Spectec replied again and said that the firmware of the card is different.
  16. oresteez

oresteez New Member

i was just kidding anyways :)
    i absolutely don't blame you for wanting to know the difference..i would want to know also...

unfortunately, with a lot of these companies, the only thing you are going to get back is bad grammar.. lol
  17. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Kinda thought that would be the rely. I find the best answers come from other users.
  18. IdejMcD

IdejMcD New Member

Micro SD

Anyone know when the microSD is going to be released? I'ld rather not have the protruding card.

IdejMcD
  19. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Is that going to make much of a difference? If it's just a micro SD card instead of a mini SD card, then you would need to use the micro to mini SD card adapter that came with the Q9m . . . that wouldn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't stick out the side of your Q9m? Or are you possibly referring to the version that's supposedly coming out that has a micro SD slot for another card for data storage? This card may still stick out as well.
  20. vace0009

vace0009 New Member

I also don't like the way the card sticks out the side of the phone. Some have said that without that sticking out, you wouldn't find a signal. I find that rather unbelievable since things like laptops, cellphones, GPS's, all have internal antennas. I think that the cards will get smaller and more power over time, but by that time WiFi will be standard in these types of devices. Untill then ill just have to use the data services that can be unreliable at times.