Spectec Mini-SD WiFi cards

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by CSilver, Jun 30, 2007.

1. stulombo

stulombo New Member

thanks thats kind of what i figured
  2. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

I checked the miniSD card slot specs for some of the versions of Q's available. Some said they have SDIO slots available (I believe the QSM version was one.) I sent an e-mail to Spectec. They said it will not work in the original CDMA version of the Q.
  3. aznmsoong

aznmsoong New Member

So if we had a charger in it, would the card be able to be used on the original Q

It might work for an Amp'd but I am getting a memory card first
    Amp'd does weird does on the phone
  4. julienna

julienna New Member

moto Q cdma - wifi

Hi, this is about the first thread that is making sense to me (untechy). Thanks to all.

So, any new info on moto Q cdma and wifi? I was "oversold" this phone (back to the untechy thing) and am trying to sell it. This is one of the questions I'm getting.

Cheers,
  5. aznmsoong

aznmsoong New Member

Heard that none of the cards work on a CDMA
    but windows mobile 6 Q and Q9m work and probably the Global edition

I was wondering if the CDMA Q will work when it is being charged? or has another power source attached to it
  6. alexithemoi

alexithemoi New Member

Not to be contrary here. Q9m is a CDMA phone. I think the problem with the earlier model Qs is in the way that it manages memory cards.
    I'm saying this off the hat. I don't think the earlier model Q's memory card slot can be used as a power source by the WiFi cards. As such the problem isn't that there isn't enough power but rather that the card can't be powerd by it as it needs to.
  7. waahiven

waahiven New Member

^^ I hope that is not the case and that maybe this new card will work. someone be the guinea pig, I don't have any money to test this theory lol
  8. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

I think the problem is more than power. If you do a Google search on SDIO and sift through the information, you find that there must be a driver or firmware that is able to detect that the card is an SDIO card and not a memory card. I do not know if this is a hardware limitation or maybe a change in the driver would solve the problem. The older CDMA versions apparently do not have the hardware and/or drivers necessary to operate the SDIO cards.