Speck Tough Skin Mod?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by sanman, Oct 21, 2006.

1. sanman

sanman New Member

Speck Tough Skin Mod?

Before I whip out the X-Acto Knife and start hacking I figured I would see if someone else had tried this? I‘m switching to the Extended Battery but am in love with my Speck Products Tough Skin case, has anyone cut their Tough Skin to allow the extended battery to fit better? I am pondering a few different techniques.
    1) Cut the whole battery bump portion out (most of the need protection for the Q is at the corners of the unit, so the only danger I see is a flat impact on the exposed portion of the battery door) I don’t care is the battery door shows wear.

2) Cut vertical slots in the case along the battery door bump to allow the case to stretch.

Let me know if you have try this or any thoughts. I have a around $30 on the line here :eek:hmy:
  2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

I probably wouldn't go with this option.. I think the cuts will become elongated and probably ruin the entire case.
  3. tko

tko New Member

plus the cuts may continue to rip. it is probably better to cut a square section out of the back. you could always glue a piece of the cutaway onto the battery door ;)
  4. ascesana

ascesana New Member

Just a thought...How about putting it in near boiling water and get it super soft, then carefully try to reshape with the extended battery. You may want to plastic wrap the Q prior to doing so to protect from water.

Who is willing to be the guinea pig?

-Adrian