Specific outgoing text getting repeatedly sent?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Tinkleondabeach, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Tinkleondabeach

Tinkleondabeach New Member

Specific outgoing text getting repeatedly sent?

I have replied to a text message on my phone about 1-2 weeks ago. However the recipient has received the same message from me about 6-7 times a day. My friend said it's cool but I'm sure he's getting annoyed. I even see on my phone that it's being sent repeatedly, I don't know how. I deleted the contact, all text history as well as call logs. Texts are still being sent through raw phone number, I don't know whats causing it. I powercycle my phone and still no go. Is there a link on ATT for my friend to just block my specific number from texts?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

have you tried to contact AT&T?
  3. Tinkleondabeach

I see the text messages on my phone being sent from me, my friend is ATT. I think this is a phone issue rather than network.
  4. Tinkleondabeach

By the way, would the owners of everythingwm be interested in buying the domain name motoq.org? :)
  5. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

doubt it. this forum is dedicated to windows mobile. plus motoq isn't an orginazation.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

probably not since the site USED to be called everythingQ and since the Q is no longer in production we are now everythingWM
  7. tpettineo

tpettineo New Member

Text repeatedly sent too!

It's nice to know I'm not going nuts. My birthday was Tuesday, 7/27. On that day, I received a number of well wishes via text. Since then, my CPU utilization repeatedly spikes at 100% for extended periods of time, locking up the phone. Also, to your point, a specific email has repeatedly sent itself to the original sender over and over again. That sounds like a virus to me, but the local Verizon store wasn't helpful with troubleshooting. They said my Moto Q9c was an outdated phone and I should consider buying a new one. That sounds like crap to me.
  8. bananapants

bananapants New Member

Did you guys check Text Messages > Folders > Outbox ?

I once had a text message in there that was "stuck" for lack of a better word and would repeatedly send itself but not clear from the outbox. I was able to delete the message from my text message outbox and the problem was solved.