speaking of w.o.r.k.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rudeboy, May 24, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

speaking of w.o.r.k.

i was just wondering (has this been done before ?) what do folks around here do for work ?

had some different jobs but currently i am Jack of all Trades which around here is also known as General Manager of a 200.000 sq.ft. warehouse, we have different (8-9 at the time i believe) companies/customers that store different products in our warehouse and one of my duties is keep 'em all happy. besides that i maintain the pc network here and also keep web sites from a few companies in here up, running & current. all in all a pretty great job w/ lots of different things to do, never a dull moment really...
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i suppose i could give myself the jack of all trades here at my job. im an architect, 3D render (those computer generated building images for presentations and whatnot) but also the IT manager and guy they call when something breaks and needs to be fixed (like my latest conquest was replace the lights in the exit signs) i know fun!!
    so i sit at a computer all day and design and create drawings for different fortune 500 companies. so naturally i have EQ minimized on my screen all day for when i dont feel like doing anything much :laugh2:

oh...also design houses & additions after work for my own consulting firm...
  3. Xian

Xian New Member

I work in the behavioral health field. I used to do crisis intervention (suicide prevention, substance abuse counseling, etc) but now I make sure that kids removed by Child Protective Services get counseling if they need it.
  4. Stealth

Stealth New Member

I see Captin Morgan Helps you through it at night.... I used to work in a Juvenile Detention center in college. I know how that goes.
  5. Xian

Xian New Member

I know. kind of ironic that I used to work in substance abuse, eh? :p

At least:
    1) I don't drink alone
    2) I rarely drink at home
    3) I never go to work drunk (or get drunk while I'm here for that matter)
  6. Suture

Suture New Member

I break into warehouses and steal things for a living!

Actually I do consulting for identity management, biometric technology, and PKI technology. I am big brother.
  7. n99hockey

thats what my wife does...
  8. braxtoq

braxtoq New Member

OK, I'll play along, I work for a major office equipment manufacturer as a field rep. in sales, more techie than the average sales guy though.
  9. oregonspeed

oregonspeed New Member

Im nick burns

I am a System Admin for a Windows 2003 AD shop. Unfortunately our user base of ~120 is too small to justify a dedicated help desk, so escalated calls (nearly everything) come to me too :)

But being in the business means all sorts of fun toys and learning new things about my Q.

Being in the business also makes me laugh every time someone posts "how do I find this 'registry' file. Can I put it on my storage card?"

:)
  10. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Inetco Banklink support:frown:
  11. GEPTRONIXDJS

GEPTRONIXDJS New Member

I WORK FOR ROBERTS OXYGEN COMPANY AS A STORE MANAGER HERE IN MARYLAND AND I ALSO OWN MY OWN DISC JOCKEY AND KARAOKE COMPANY FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS
  12. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Financial Consultant with Smith Barney.
  13. n99hockey

they are one of my clients....what branch?
    if you dont mind me asking...
  14. Stealth

Stealth New Member

I'd tell you... but I'd have to........... well you know the rest.:2cool:
  15. Too Small

Too Small New Member

I'm in Sales..kinda. I don't cold call. I have a base of customers that call in for parts.

I sell Electronic Components (Integrated Circuits and Semiconductors..aka computer chips) to large manufacturers (ie. H/P, Samsung, Motorola, Dell)....anything that goes on a Circuit Board.
  16. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I'm In

I'm the "Material Team Leader of Shipping, Receivng, Planning & Production Control" for Greatbach, Inc in Columbia, MD. We make components that go into pacemakers and other lifesaving devices. I'm alos the resident grunt for our Oracle operating/inventory system. All my training is OJT.. I started as a grunt assembler out on our production floor 9yrs ago and I've gotten a promotion every year since I've been here.

Unfortunately, our home office in New York has decided to move our facility to a larger manufacture complex in Tijuana, Mexico. So they are giving us the big "F*** U". They are providing us with very large severance & retension packages though.

So basically after this year (maybe even the next few months) I won't have a job.
  17. Qryan

Qryan New Member

I am a Clinical and Financial systems analyst for a local hospital. We have about 1300 users, so I stay busy most of the time. But, I too like to keep EQ minimized for those rare occasions when everything is up and running smoothly. :smile:
  18. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Thought I'd play along if nothing else to add to the MD user base here. However I work in VA doing the electrical work for building design. in short I'm a CAD monkey.
  19. heywire

heywire New Member

I do support and QA for a point-of-sale software company. A good majority of you have probably bought gas or groceries at a store that runs our software. Add me to the list of those with EQ minimized during the day for when things run smoothly :)
  20. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Posting from your Q with the caps stuck on? I hate that!