Speakers suck...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by yamahamaxdrpms, Feb 28, 2009.

1. yamahamaxdrpms

yamahamaxdrpms New Member

Speakers suck...

So im not sure if its my phone or what the deal is... but i have no speaker sounds... during calls is just fine, but the phone wont make a sound when ringing or when speakerphone is turned on... i just canceled my insurance because im down to the last couple of months before i can get rid of this piece of junk... anyone know what the best thing to do is? i might just put the insurance back on and chuck it into oncoming traffic..
    hated this phone since the 31st day i got it and they told me it was too late to return it.... :angry:
    worst.. phone.. ever
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if you're determined to hate the phone there isn't much that can be done there. The Q isn't for everyone.
    for the speaker issue, try holding in the thumb wheel until the volume menu comes up and then adjusting the volume.
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Must be day 32 now.
  4. Sav

Sav New Member

Did you come on here just to hate on the Q? It's ironic you like it apparently for 30 days and then the next day, when it's too late to return it, you decide you hate it. Troll.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

hey, that's my job.
  6. Sav

Sav New Member

Oops. Did not know that. Haven't been around here long enough to know, despite my join date.
  7. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Trolls live under bridges and smell real bad.......
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Just kidding, go at it.
  10. yamahamaxdrpms

Didnt come here to hate on the phone... and i probably exaggerated on my 31 day scenario, but ever since the first week i have had it there have been problems. and it wasnt until a month or two after i had the phone i realized that i would be "stuck" with it. Who knows.. maybe there are solutions to my problems. These are all problems that i have had pretty much since i had the phone... Mind you the verizon store near me is HORRIBLE, and the closest one from there is pretty far so i have yet to go anywhere else. (do all verizon stores make you take a number and wait 10-15 min before anyone will speak with you? no matter your problem?)

1. Obviously the speaker issue.. very very very almost inaudable sounds from speaker when ringing or speakerphone. (yes volume is cranked to max)

2. Every so many days you have to manualy go into the CPU usage and shut programs down because the phone will bogg down with usage of a program that you may have opened and closed 3 days ago.

3. Background layout very uncustomizable. Have a choice of about 30 color layouts which really use the same 4 colors. Gray Red Black Green.

4. Voice recognition is horrible. Could try to call Tom Cruise and get Bob Barker.

5. I save all my pics to the SD for memory reasons... (more than 2 pics will bring up the "low memory" screen) and everytime i want to look at pics i have to navigate through 14 folders and directories to get there.

6. I have cleaned out my text message folder 48,000 times yet it still always says i have 2 unread messages. (verizon says they cant figure out how to clear either)

7. If phone goes 1 day without charging the battery dies and i get the white screen of death. Then i have to totally remove the battery to reset it... put it back in, charge it for about 5 min then unplug it, turn it on, wait till home screen appears and resume charging. If those steps are not executied precisly the white screen reappers and I need to start over.

8. I still cannot figure out an easy way to letter dial... (1-800-comcast for example)

9. As i am typing this i pressed "contacts" then scrolled through a few and hit "End" now it appears that my phone is completely frozen and ill have to remove the battery. (just cleared running programs minutes ago)

im sure there are more issues... but for the most part i tolorate them so much so im sure that i have forgotten by now. My wife has the same phone and she has the same issues also.

Thanks in advance.
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

my replies are in red
    and to help keep your phone running well go here and download SK tools lite for smartphone
    basically it cleans out your temporary files so that your phone can run faster. remember it is pretty much a small computer and needs the same kind of general maintenance from time to time
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Nice Paco. To much to read for me.
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

eh, it's what I do. and I had to do something to fill my time before work today...
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

rudeboy has an app on his page for the txt msg issue. Look for something like fixunread count.

http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/

also for typing letters..try dialpad.cab also on above app page.

have you checked the sound levels in your profiles? I may have missed it if you did.
  15. Sav

Sav New Member

yamahamax- Regarding your first point regarding the speakers, I think there's definitely something wrong with your phone. I think the Q was as loud or louder than my BB's and they are EXTREMELY loud.
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

if it does turn out to be the speakers it would be an insurance swap or a do it yourself project www.cnn.cn
  17. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

yamaha while I agree that closing out programs on a daily basis does indeed suck, ive actually found that it helps in the usage memory...As Mike said, it may just be the speakers that are shot and if thats the case then as Mike meantioned...try to change your phone if you bought it from a retailer. Granted the speakers arent going to be anything like Harmann Karmann speakers but ive found them loud enough to get me in trouble at a meeting.
  18. yamahamaxdrpms

Thanks for all the help. ill try to run a few of those fix's you suggested, just seems a little annoying to have to download a bunch of programs to get your phone to work the way it should have to begin with.. Unsure

oh well... as someone else stated... maybe this one isnt for me... what do you think of the new BB storm? or is that a new can of worms? ill check the forum for peoples impressions also..
  19. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

basically the Q (as well as any other WinMo device) is customizeable. by installing apps to get the phone working the way you want, you get what you need and nothing extra. Everyone uses their phone a little differently and expects different things. so this way you can have what you expect without having features that you may not want or need.
  20. yamahamaxdrpms

i have searched a little. does anyone knwo of a place i can find a dis assembly layout? i have removed the torx screws but it seems as if there is more than that to get to the speakers