SPB3 is Niiiiice!

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by blackmeto, Apr 16, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

It's one step more, but what I did is on my "apps" screen (my name) off of the lifestyle screen, I simply put the google mobile app there. Tap it and seach box comes up, hit magnifying glass and results come up. Hit exit and you're back to the "apps" screen. If you change your mind, off tapping (i.e. tapping off the google app bar) will close it.

It was a very nice compromise for me.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah i just have google search as a favorite in my opera browser to search for things quickly, thats a good idea though bob about putting the google mobile app on the apps page.
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

So should we not try that than? it wont work? or should we still give it a shot? lol.
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

lol nope not yet were waiting for sqvga
  7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Damn guess ill just delete the file i just downloaded than haha. let us know when it comes in budday :) thanks for letting us know its not for us.
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

awesome thanks meto, ill have to test it at work tomorrow.
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Tried the new shells didnt like them they didnt load properly maybe i just did them too quick and didnt follow instructions not sure we even need these skins with version 3 since its all customizeable anyway. just for like bigger clocks and different weather icons for the most part, thanks though meto.
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

and launcher buttons...however i seem to have problems finding the customization.
    Everybody themes i've seen so far just seem to be the default layout (no new widgets yet) with a diff background
    iono
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah after I tried installing it my whole shell stopped working and it was giving me some launcher.exe error or something like that and wouldnt open the shell anymore so i just uninstalled it all together the whole spb shell and installed the whole thing again and reverted back to the way i had it.
  13. pat_the_cat

pat_the_cat New Member

I loaded the trial of this last night. At first I was disappointed because I was using RealVGA and it really didn't seem that anything was working right. I disabled that and now I am quite happy. I like how much the screens are customizable and it pretty much takes the place of all the Today screen plug-ins that I was running.

My only question is how long does the trial last?

But overall I give a thumbs-up :thumbup:!
  14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I believe its like 30 days or 3 weeks or something not 100% sure on that one, but it is def worth the money in my opinion.
  15. godfthr53

godfthr53 New Member

Can you delete call history from spb i can't do it. My normal call history is blank (not in spb) but the spb is full of old calls I don't want to see.
  16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I dont believe there is a way to clear the call history in the shell. Tried multiple things. You can hide duplicates, but cant delete them from the shell.
  17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Cant take full credit on this, but if you have already deleted all the calls in your main call history, then in Spb shell just go to "Launcher"->"settings"->spb mobile shell" now click on the icon at the bottom of right hand conner and "exit shell" . After that re launch spb then its done and you will no longer see the calls in the shell call log either.
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Worked like a champ. very clear and easy to follow instructions. Thanks!
  19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

No prob Bob :)