SPB3 is Niiiiice!

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by blackmeto, Apr 16, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

jmorisey that screen you are on is the starting page for the shell, you need to either scroll the screen down with the touchscreen and than you will get to what they call the "lifestyle" page and there is where you can customize it to be watever you want it to be for the most part. and you can slide the lifestyle page left and right :)
    I dont use the realvga, maybe thats why your screen looks diff than everyone else's.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

wazza matter....French is a beautiful language! <G>

I've been really happy with just the default stuff so far. I've added widgets to the left page off of the lifestyles page and keep it there 905 of the time.
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Haha yeah the default is cool, mine is usually just left on the main lifestyle page with my time weather battery and messages. When its not locked by the S2U2 since during the day i dont really use the phone much since im on a computer all day at my job being a "techno" as stated by Not Storming in a previous forum posting haha.

Just wish i could figure out how to change the weather icons, i've seen layouts with some sick weather icons, the one cool thing that weather bug on the storm has is real time cams from diff areas that update every so often and also like the temp on the app changes throughout the day and the icon changes, like if its night time it has a moon and stars and shyt its pretty cool with spb weather would do that.
  5. heard it was giving people issues and they went back to 2.
  6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Nonsense :) this program is great the only one concern i have that i have worked around for now is not being able to type in a contacts name from the main screen which they call the "lifestyle" screen. But you couldnt do that in the 2nd version if i remember correctly anyway.

You should give the trial a shot and see how you like it, dont need to buy it tony :) unless you like it which you prob. will.

Most issues that people have had have been worked out with help from one another, since that is what the forum is all about :)
  7. sorry df.....
    June 4, 2009 sadly, Tony Bag o Donuts will be just an occasional visitor to wm.
    I am a visitor on the crackberry and everythingberry forums......

You know what they say.....once you black you never go back!:tounge:
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yeah...sounds like what fizz did on my moto. i do miss having real time temp and not just the daily hi/lows! i do have fizz re-installed to the saga but have to view the standard today screen to see....i know two whole button pushes!
  9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You went black man? come on left the winmo family?
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i've been doing what sulster mentioned...hit the saga's call button...then type. works better than navigating to spb's contact list!
  11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

agreed :) thats what i've been doing too
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Testing something quick, just installed the new weatherbug direct for windows mobile pocket pc and it actually shows you the real time temp in the upper tool bar at the top of the page I believe, now if only i could incorporate that into where i have the spb weather icon now that would be awesome :)
  13. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

[​IMG]
    ive been using weather bug for a couple of days now and i have to say that i like the app.
    it has a today plugin but there is also the option to only have temp shown on taskbar

see the screenshot below lvmtopbat
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yeah...good call on weather bug...forgot about it! the degree symbol getting cut off making it look like Celsius does bug me though!! =)
  15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Isn't weather bug the same company that on the desktop side was known for spyware?
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

maybe...could be...dunno! not worried though.... =)
  17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah bob it is the same company but the mobile version of the weather bug actually is spyware free :) i'm in the computer industry and know all about the weather bug "issues/spyware" and the mobile version is in the clear in that aspect, i have the weather bug app. on the phone now and it looks just like meto's screen shot. i love the temp in the task bar. Just wish i could get the icon going like the bb's have on there icons for weather bug.

Meto what happend to your spb mobile shell? or do you just not have it on right now?
  18. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i have spb in the archives just trying to find a way to keep my search boxes on the today screen until theres more customization options in spb ms3

which reminds me there is a spb power tools app that should give u more options with 3
    google
  19. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

also remember that there is a link to weatherbug online on the default vzstart page for opera
  20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Cool never saw that weather bug link on the opera page, the only thing i really like about the weather bug app over the spb weather app is that the weather stays on the toolbar and is always accurate to the temp around the area and updates itself doesn't only show high and low like SPB weather does.

As for the power app from spb mobile im pretty sure they dont have one right now.
    Not sure what you mean about "more options with 3
    google" ?