spam text message

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by hwrdprkns, Dec 10, 2008.

1. hwrdprkns

hwrdprkns New Member

spam text message

Hello,

I have a verizon motorola Q m and I was wondering if there was a way Icould send one message to a person, lets say, about 100 times :) . I know it will take long for my phone to send and even might freeze it, but i'm willing to take that risk.

The other person has verizon, so of course the texts will be free.

I was looking in my windows folder and I wanted to try and copy one of the messages in my outbox, but I could not do that becuase it would not let me see the message in the outbox.

I also tried navigating to it using file manager, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

hwrd
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

there was a post yesterday about this. think it was called a text bomb.
    it better not be me.
  3. hwrdprkns

hwrdprkns New Member

Ya i just am not able to figure it out. I could do it by the email way, but I"d liek to be able to access something on my phone and maybe loop it one hundred times so that i could properly send the message.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

And why do you want that?
  5. hwrdprkns

hwrdprkns New Member

Because I just want to learn it for kicks. I also tried resending a message that I sent to the same person ten times, but that is cumbersome, and I figured there must be a better and more efficient way to do it.
  6. Hexx

Hexx New Member

7. hwrdprkns

hwrdprkns New Member

That works, but I have the new verizon q m and the programs are not compatible.... but thats a god lead... thanks
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

are you sure?
    says WM5/6

did you try to install it?
  9. hwrdprkns

hwrdprkns New Member

Ya, maybe there just a glitch or something because it doesn't show the text in the application, and it gives me no confirmation that it sent...

but i was able to figure out which fields were which by screen shot and that the texts actually sent because people were like "WTF?!"
  10. dowop

dowop New Member

There is no upside to learning to do that for 'kicks'. You might not have any ill intentions, but some crack-pot certainly will and that is not the sort of information you want floating around.

If your intentions are genuine, that it is a science project and for kicks, then it can be built in a very small (and rather simple) .net application. I for one won't write that program for you.
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

And if you do enough of them, i could screw up the other phone.
  12. Boycan

Boycan New Member

This is just lame I hope whoever your sending this to figures out how to return the favor!
  13. Hexx

Hexx New Member

yup... what kids will do.... in college (more than a decade ago) a couple friends played the "punching game". They would frequently take turns hitting eachother in the face... until one said "enough" - yes they were usually drunk at the time... I suppose this is more "modern".....
  14. hwrdprkns

hwrdprkns New Member

I am an engineer at college, and I am doing this just for kicks. I guess i should learn how to write a .net application. If you could PM me some code or some places where I could learn code, then I would appreciate that as well.

However, i'm going to be doing some searching on google to see if i can find out how to write one of these .net frameworks.

Also, it sends the text mesages really slow, but I guess thats jst do to the message protocol of my phone and the network service. But whatever, I don't think I could get around that at all.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you want to "learn" it for kicks ? and how is having "us" find an application that can do it learning ?!

potQ9c
  16. hwrdprkns

hwrdprkns New Member

I would learn basic commands of how to do .net framework. Someone said its a simple program and i can't find anything on the internet that doesn't have like a million intro paragraphs about the theory behind .net frameworking. I just wanna get to the nitty gritty.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

I was gonna say something like this.. but decided on being "friendly" :}

potQ9c
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

sounds like you want to create a virus, why we waisting our time with this idiot.
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

exactly.........
  20. dowop

dowop New Member

Let me try to be as kind as possible as I respond, yet blunt enough for you to get the picture (I won’t be getting any thanks credits for this one…). DUDE – if you are an engineer in college one would certainly assume that you have the aptitude to write a simple program even if you never learned .Net. If by chance you are an aspiring Computer, Electrical or Software Engineer and are asking this question, then I think you need a new career goal.

Now, I’ll offer some help to get you started.
    Learn the compact framework classes, etc. at this location. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa497273.aspx and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950380.aspx

Some code sample to get you started with a simple program.
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/default.aspx?SiteEntry=gdn