Sound not working

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro' started by jzotz2, Aug 3, 2009.

1. jzotz2

jzotz2 Member

Sound not working

For some reason my phone stopped playing ringtones from incoming calls, txt messages, and simple system sounds from apps and stuff. But the speaker works because it will play music, then two seconds later I'll get a call and it just vibrates. I double checked that I had all of my sounds set properly, it should vibe and ring, and I double checked that the volume for both the ringer and system were all the way up. What is the problem?

Oh, and the little preview button that you get when setting the sounds...that doesn't play anything either. When I had it set to vibe and ring, if you pushed the play button it just vibrated, when I changed it to ring only, it does nothing.
  2. jzotz2

jzotz2 Member

Well, no one seemed to have any suggestions, but I did a soft reset and the sound came back. Still unsure why it went out to begin with.
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

When you adjust the volume, there are two tabs, one for the main volume, and one other for the ringers and alerts. The ringer tab may have been set to silent. It's happened to me a few times
  4. jzotz2

jzotz2 Member

Yeah, I know, I checked that too. As far as I could tell, all settings had the volume on and turned up. I think it was just a glitch.
  5. samuelpaul11

samuelpaul11 New Member

I think that You have done power recycling. So You have gotten the volume as it is. I want say that All the phone user will do power recycling ones in month. So The handset would be still work.