Sound Curving, SRS WOW HD, Equilizer???

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by BWG, Feb 26, 2011.

1. BWG

BWG Member

Something? I have owned my Samsung Focus for one whole day. I read the manual, searched the app store, and I was unable to find anything. I like using my phone as my hub in my car for music and playing people through my 12" subs. My Omnia 2 was amazing as an MP3 player in the car. SRS and Dolby.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

If sound is your cup of tea, then you should have gone with the HTC Surround. That's what it was built for. It has a Sound Enhancer app specifically for HTC phones. Works great on the speakers and even better through external speakers plugged in via jack. You won't find it in the Marketplace for any other phone. But I have read the Homebrew scene has come up with ways to unlock Manufacturer specific apps and use them on different phones. Might wanna start there. Either that, or return the Focus for a Surround. That's what I did [​IMG]
  3. BWG

BWG Member

I jumped the gun a little by not listening to the phone plugged into my car stereo first. It sounds much better than my Omnia 2 with all it's Dolby and SRS enhancements.

How long did you have your Focus? What was your main reason for switching?

I do not want to get into Homebrew with this phone yet. I just lack the time to start modding it. I work ful time, go to school full time, own a side business, and have 2 boys. I just know what will happen once I dive into it, I will be consumed!
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Had the Focus for 3 weeks, but was experiencing proximity sensor problems. Called Amazon to exchange for a new unit. Focus was out of stock so they offered to exchange for a Surround. I said okay, I'll give it a try. Loved it and stuck with it. The Focus is a great phone, and I probably would have never thought of returning it if it wasn't broken. But I'd rather give up the AMOLED screen for the weight, the speakers, and the extra internal storage of the Surround. I felt like I got more for the money... even if it did only cost a penny for the phone.