SOS! Urgent! Moto won't start! Motorola Flash Mode

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by SleepingBear, Jul 25, 2008.

1. SleepingBear

SleepingBear New Member

SOS! Urgent! Moto won't start! Motorola Flash Mode

My moto Q won't start and stops at the screen:
    Motorola Flash Mode
    Bootloader Version *********
    Please connect USB cable.

After I connect the cable, it says:
    It won't start and stops at the screen:
    Motorola Flash Mode
    Bootloader Version *********
    USB cable connected.

What's wrong with it? I tried remove battery, master reset, software update, none of these would work.

How should I do? I can not make phone call now.
    crying......

Thanks to any advice!

SleepingBear
  2. raborn

raborn New Member

You will need to "reflash" your device. But the first question is what happened before this started? Did you drop it or get it wet? Anything? The reason I ask this is because it may not be a software drop it could be other problems as well. But lets hope its just software.

Who is your current carrier so I can give you the correct download link to flash your device.
  3. SleepingBear

SleepingBear New Member

Thank you, raborn. Actually I did nothing to the cell phone before it's dead. I just charged it with the wall charger. Not dropped, not got wet. Just a normal charging.

However, after 3 hours, when I thought the charging is done, I found the cell phone was powered off. Weird, isn't it? When I tried to power on it, I got the flash mode screen.

Someone said it should be software problem, maybe too many apps running. Mine is definitely not this case. Because I only use it make phone calls. And I delete all the task using task manager once it starts.

My service carrier is Sprint. Please also tell me what is reflash as I know little about it. Do I need another Q? I searched the internet and found someone can save the cell phone with another Q. But I only have one Q.

Thanks in advance!
    SleepingBear
  4. raborn

raborn New Member

Well the sad part about your service provider being Sprint is that there really isn't a way to flash the phone. Their firmware is very "sticky" so honestly the best solution is to take it back to Sprint or contact Big M (Motorola) and see what they have to say and they might be able to just replace the phone. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.
  5. SleepingBear

SleepingBear New Member

Thanks, raborn. I have already sent my Q to Motorola to repair. Today I got the bad news from my wife who is in China now: her Q is also stuck in flash mode. I really can't believe we are so out of luck. I would rather see this is a model defective. Both of them are just 3 months!

I can imagine even after the repair, it would be stuck into flash mode, like a time bomb. I was so regretful to switch to Qs. It's a 100 percent bad decision.

There is a two years plan with the phone. What should I do? I am really lost before the specious Qs.
  6. babell2

babell2 New Member

Brick Q Fix

I just finished my go around with a Bricked Q. There is a catch 22 in the phone. When the phone is in boot mode the intelegent battery charger in the phone will not charge a LI-Ion battery. If the battery is dead the phone can't be flash programed. I used a battery charger from my Nikon Camera 3.7V battery with wires taped to the Q battery to charge it so the phone could be flashed. It took about an hour. I down loaded both the RSD light V3.0 and a image to re-flash the phone with from the Internet. From I think this forum? After flashing I ran the Motorola software update with sprint as the carrier and then had to re-initialize (program) the phone number back into the phone. The image pass code to get to setup mode is ##000000# Put your phone number back in and MSID (usually phone number again) and you may need to call the sprint help desk to have them check connection with the phone to get Internet back. The phone portion started and worked right away. I was receiving a error 1012 until I called sprint again. Hope this helps some of you.:2cool:
  7. ellanero4

ellanero4 New Member

Raborn, I'm having the same problem with my phone. My carrier is Alltel do you have a link to download the flash?

Thanks for your help.
  8. skytaxi

skytaxi New Member

How about Verizon wireless

I also have the flash problem with the flash mode on the Q after charging, my carrier is Verizon. I'd download anythiing if it would help
    Thanks for any help
  9. babell2

babell2 New Member

Skytaxi
    If you have been charging the battery in boot mode you have charged nothing. Without thte programing in the phone it will not charge. You have to find another 3.7 LiOn battery charger and charge the battery to get to the stage you can re-flash the phone. RSD light 3.0 program (a Google search should find it) and there is a rsr compacted immage out there somewhere to flash it with. After you flash it with the immage you can go to the Alltell update page at MotoQ support and update the software in the phone to the alltell latest and greatest available.
  10. bc_moto

bc_moto New Member

Uh oh

This just happened to mine yesterday. After charging, the phone was off. After I powered it up, the boot flash screen was there. Took it to Verizon and they gave me another phone. A refurbished Q, but it looks brand new. No cost as I had insurance through Verizon.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

aand welcome aboard...
  12. popscribe

popscribe New Member

flash mode w/ no windows computer access

Hi,

I set my alarm on the phone last night, and this morning, it was off and wouldn't power up. I saw the yellow sprint screen a couple of times, and tried taking the battery out, and eventually wound up with the black "boot" screen. I plugged it into the charger and it said plug in USB cord. When I took the cord out it said it was plugged in. Now it says "charger is connected. Please plug in USB cord." As far as I know, there's no way to do both!

My Windows computer is also down, and this darned thing is incompatible with MAC. I tried calling Sprint, got shuttled around for 25 minutes, but because my phone is over a year old and I didn't buy a service contract, they have little interest in helping at all.

This is totally bogus. This phone has been a pain from Day 1, and they knew it when they sold them. So I have till next April on my service contract, would dearly like to shove it in their faces and go somewhere else, but can't afford at the moment to drop a few hundred on a new phone and lose the cash on breaking the contract. Or waiting to transport my phone number ...

Does anyone have any advice? I haven't taken it to a Sprint store yet, but I don't have high hopes for that anyway. ... as for the data, it was backed up in my Windows computer, and I don't even want to discuss what's going on with that.

Am I completely screwed? Is there a way to download a fix from a Mac?

Any help -- or sympathy, I guess -- would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

ForThe Mac, you need something called "the mossing synch". Search here for it, or google it. I'm stuck in the midtown tunnel, so I can't post links...
  14. popscribe

popscribe New Member

thanks

I'll see if I can find it!

Lynne
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

Lynne, I just noticed a typo...it' called "the missing synch"...sorry about that!
  16. raborn

raborn New Member

Ok sorry been offline for awhile again

here is the link for the Alltel Motorola Q flash file
    search for a program called RSD Lite on google and install it
    and then download this file
    Clicky

Run RSD Lite and connect your Q to your PC and after it is detected in RSD Lite open the Q file and click start
  17. skytaxi

skytaxi New Member

Hey Babell2. Thanks for your help. I have to tell you this has been a adventure. I'm a 67 year old woman and I finally got my Q flashed .and working. I took your advice about the battery and bought a new battery from cell acessories for 9.95 plus 4.95 postage and then a desk top charger for 5.95 from cell accessories. I charged the battery and downloaded a update from motorola and I put the battery in .It came up with hook up to computer via USB cord.so I did that and started the upgrade from Motorola and I can not tell you the joy of the Verizon sign coming up. so now I've got it synced up and loaded with games and music. so Thanks to everybody who made a comment and I hope my notes helped somebody , skytaxi
  18. TheMcCumbers

TheMcCumbers New Member

Hey guys I am running into a probelm with this process. Got all the software and files that I need. However, I can't get my Q to stay on for the whole process. If I plug it into my PC it will bring up the Flash Screen and RSD Lite will pick it up but once I start the process the screen goes off and the process fails. It does it in different points everytime so i know it is the phone and not the program. Is the battery just dead or is it something else? Any help would be great.
  19. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I would try charging the phone for a few hours to make sure it is fully charged with a wall outlet. If your battery is low & your USB isn't sending enough charge to the battery it shuts down. Flashing takes a lot of "energy" on the phones part so a completely charged battery is best.
    Good Luck
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yep, she hit the nail on the head. got to have a full charge.

where did you get the smart pills? :{)