Sorry Guys!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by twelvetreeez, Jul 29, 2008.

1. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Sorry Guys!!

Well, I am sorry this love affair had to end. Scott, Rude Boy, you guys have helped me a great deal with both of my Q's and I thank you. However, I got to playing with my friends Blackberry the other day and fell in love. Though I am a little scared of the unknown, I am willing to try something new (plus I lost my Q9 in Mexico, and again Verizon is practically giving me a new phone). Again thanks guys...go with god!!
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

and best of luck to you as well!
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

Sorry to see you go! For what it's worth, join in Everythingberry.com. You will see some of our members are there too! (I am, because my hubby just got a BB and knows how to answer and make calls....I had to set up internet and e-mails for him...)
  4. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Thanks!!

Just got done thank you for the advice though, if you need some accessories look at my next post.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good luck with the BB dude...

(you're always welcome back..)
  6. kogama

kogama Active Member

sad to see ppl leaving...........................nice knowing ya
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

glad i, we, could you help you out
    good luck and enjoy the new toy!
  8. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Just wondering twelve.....what made you switch to the BB? Even though I love my q9m, i have also been thinking of switching to the curve. Just seems like everyone loves their Blackberry and I must admit, I am attracted to the form factor and apparent ease of use.

What were the key issues that made you jump to the BB? Thanks.
  9. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Well??

Go to you service provider and play with one...simple as that. You would think I would be the last one to change, I mean, and man hours put in to learning about the Q & WM 5&6. From the look and feel, to the ease of changing the both to your specifications. Just got it in the mail today, and already found the coolest stuff for it...free!! Don't get me wrong "the grass is always greener" if you know what I mean.
  10. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

can you name one or two major things that are better?
  11. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

I did

Look & Feel, the entire interface to be exact
  12. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Twelve..I thought the interface on WM6 was supposed to be more robust and that the Blackberry was more plain. Do you disagree?

Also, how much faster and intuitive is the BB operating system?

What can you do on BB that you could not do esily on the Q?
  13. Push email...no additional software needed.
    BB are fast! much faster os in my opinion compared to the q's. Could be a processor thing.
    I like the default contacts app on the q, but the calendar on the bb is better, but papyrus, etc. solves all that.
  14. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Hmmm???

After one complete day of owning the BB, Tony is right abouth the e-mail when he says it's fast. That is an understatement, it almost does away with the need for SMS, and it will when my wifes contract is up with stinkulair. Also, w/out going into the registry/start menu etc., you have the option to put folders on the HS, pick an icon (that changes in choice depending on the theme installed), directly from the homescreen. Then you can move unwanted folders, or categorize them into these folders. I agree with Tony again about the calendar, and am going to look for papyrus now.
  15. papyrus is coming with a free upgrade to users who buy it now.
    new version is on the horizon.
  16. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

Oh Yeah I forgot!!

There are also several font choices for your interface as well, which can be set in Bold, Italic etc.
  17. twelvetreeez

twelvetreeez New Member

How Ironic!!!

As I was reading your e-mail about papyrus, SBSH sends me the upgrade notification for Facade hmmmmmm.:smile:
  18. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

BB are similar to PalmOS when it comes to system. There's not a lot of "fluff" to slow them down. I waffled quite a while before I finally decided on my q9m. Looked at both Palm and BB offerings in the process. I don't recall if you said which model you got... the Curve or the Pearl? I really liked the performance of the Pearl, but the keypad freaked me out. I felt like I was headed back to T9 texting.
  19. amitregev

amitregev New Member

I'm glad to confirm that indeed there is a new version of Papyrus arriving really soon now :2cool:

I still can't post much more information about the features implemented with the new version, but I can say with full confidence that this will be one of our best releases in the past two years (for any of our applications if you ask me! :smile: )

The new upcoming Papyrus version is in development for more than 7 months now (intensive development that is) and going through beta testing for the past 4 months if not more than this by now. The new upcoming version really brings some amazing new features and technologies that we believe (and hope) will define the future standards of Windows Mobile Standard UI!

I've also been reading this thread, and although this might be a bit OT to the actual web-site purpose, I'm pleased to say that we might have something in the not-too-far horizon for those of you that are also using Blackberry devices.

I will be glad to post back with some more information about the new upcoming Papyrus version in the next week or so.

Have a great day all! :)