song recognition software

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by carz, Oct 11, 2008.

1. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

link to musicID

removed, sorry guys didnt think before posting!
  2. jjj92660

jjj92660 New Member

yep. It is on the xma developer forums... I installed one and its the sh*t!! It recognizes even pretty obscure stuff (techno/electronic tracks from mix cds...).

However, it seems that the size of the font/objects is a little off. Has anybody else had this issue? The bar on the bottom seems to be so big that it blocks 75% of the album art for example...

And by the way, the link of above (miguelchin) took me to a file that did not work for me for some reason - I kept getting an error message when I tried to run it on the Q9c after I had installed it FWIW...
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

gift horse...mouth...!!
  4. jjj92660

jjj92660 New Member

does anyone have a *useful* reply to fix what appears to be a glitch in an otherwise awesome program to possibly remedy it so that many more people can enjoy it that much more? Thanks to anyone with constructive comments.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

seeing as it is a "pirated" app...that was once already taken off this forum because of that...i wouldn't worry about a little cosmetic problem. why not hit up xma..i mean xda...and ask there!! =)

...if only there were a "no" thanks button...
  6. jjj92660

jjj92660 New Member

fair enough. I did not know that the one we are currently discussing was the same one that was removed from this forum...
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

no worries!! =)
  8. ptsergent

ptsergent New Member

thats why i asked and didnt post any links. it is easy to find though just need to do a little searching. as far as cosmetics who cares its freeeeeee!
  9. Rook

Rook New Member

I don't want to get the site or anyone that runs it in trouble so I will try to be as vague as possible. But, on the XDA site I found two cabs and one did not work on my Sprint Q9c and one did. The one that did was 170.1 kb and the one that did not was 247.2 kb. The 247.2 kb cab just came up with an error when I started it. And now, I am sitting with a buddy of mine that is a lwyer and we are having too good a laugh about how non-"specific" I can be when I write this so we're gonna go laugh and drink some more.
  10. jjj92660

jjj92660 New Member

You da man Rook. I too am a lawyer and I applaud your artful evasion of wrongdoing. Cheers to another drink. Out of curiosity, does that version take between 70-90 seconds for you to ID? While that version is very clean-looking, the one with font issues was much quicker for me (~30 secs per song ID)...
  11. Rook

Rook New Member

Yes, it does take about 70 to 80 seconds. And I can't even get the other to work, it comes up with an error whenever I open it and then it takes me back to the Start menu.
  12. Hexx

Hexx New Member

What's the difference between a lawyer and a carp?

One is a bottom-feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish.

Sorry - with all the lawyers on this thread...it just reminded me of that joke..... :2cool:
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Hey, my dad's a lawyer! :laugh:
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

So is my husband and my sister....(His lawyers group makes more "lawyer" jokes than I could even remember...)
  15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I don't know of the "legalities" of the altered programs.
    I did some research and there's different versions with different mods to them.
    Some work without mods but they seem to have an ID that links them to the phone they came from, The guy with the blackjack that released the first app better be glad it all didn't get added to his bill :)
    Others removed the "private" info, other altered the text. The version I still have looks good on the Q q:

There's also a few "different" companies and services, but then again they all seem to be tied in together \=?

But it still remains that on ALL of the carriers and service providers for this app it's a paid monthly service.
    They might not be cracking down on it, yet(?), but since it been kinda mentioned not to post here I didn't.

I link is just as bad and posting it.
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

The original link was for a program intended for a specific cell phone provider (I think it was Cingular)....How could a cell phone provider charge the OP if he didn't have a Cingular phone or Cingular contract? That was my question when it was first posted...
  17. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

The person who "first" posted it at XDA DID have Cingular.
    He pulled the .cab directly off of his BlackJack II and posted it.
  18. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yep. It's a Cingular branded app, and it runs and works fine on my Sprint Q9c.
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

Have you been charged anything? How often do you actually use this?
  20. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I've only used it a few times, and nothing's been charged to my bill.