Something for the Ladies

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by TarHeelsRule!, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Messing With Me

And don't you know me after all this time? Remember the "Yanking My Chain" PMs we exchanged back in July?

"Messing with me" would be saying something to me, not saying something about me in a thread I hadn't been participating in. Normally, I wouldn't have even visited this thread (I don't normally visit threads with more than one page), but for some reason I did, and that's how I found your comment.

Also, as a moderator, I don't think it's really appropriate to be messing with any users. Messing with other moderators, fine, but being a moderator means you're held to a higher standard. You should be preventing arguments, not starting them. (And I say this as somebody who's been the moderator at another successful PDA site for almost four years.)

Anyway, talk about derailing a thread, I "messed with you" back and it's now spawned quite a few off-topic posts. If either you or Natalie want to discuss this further, let's go to Private Messages and let the women get back to ogling their men, mmmkay? :laugh2:

Steve
  2. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

You have to spell things out for me! What does FWIW mean? I don't speak in text language. I still spell out the my entire text messages without using the shortcuts that the kids use. My daughter had to explain to me what BFF stood for.:laugh2: Of course, she did it with a smirk. She's not nice either. hahahaha!
  3. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Fwiw

For What It's Worth. (By the way, it's not really text language; it's been used in computer forums before cell phones even existed, I believe. :laugh2:)

Here's one computer-speak glossary, but searching on Google will probably find most acronyms used here.

Now I'm going AFK. :laugh2:

Steve
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ Natalie: you're a hoot (i think that means you are hilarious and it's not an abbreviation, at least not that i know of :}

@ Pony: i consider myself equal with all members, and i don't believe many people here hold me to a higher standard.

and no i don't think it's worth to take this to pm.

3rd and last, a whole sh&tload of this silly abbreviations were "born" in the hay day of BBS'ses and echomail networks (i should now, i was a big part of the Dutch scene)
  5. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Thanks your royal moderatorness! All this extracurricular activity and I'm still stuck with n99hockey for eye candy!!:angry:
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

Ya, all that was asked for was somethin for the ladies. Look what happened...drama for the ladies lol. Its funny how things explode like that. i guess there needs to be a lady do put this together.

Any Q ladies know how to do this stuff. I dont that is for sure.
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Eko we need you!

I do know one lady out there that knows her stuff. Maybe she will come to our rescue. Because I know just as much about that xml stuff as I do about acronyms. (nothing!)

Did think of some more eye candy though. Would love to see a good picture of Halle's man preferably without her draped all over him. (Who can blame her)!:tounge:
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*blush*.... and hockey ain't that bad is he ? (he's my buddy.. we have to stick together :}

if that lady is the same i am thinking of, she's busy... at least i hope she is :}
  9. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

You can't hog Eko! We need her to come to our rescue! We will be happy with one little homescreen w/ Facade and a picture of cut, tattooed, half-naked man! We are simple to please, right Cheri and Brownsuga!
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no no, leave her be.. (she's making a homescreen for me first :}
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

Well not that I mind eye candy but my husband would freak out if he saw my phone carrying around another man's photo as the main homescreen expecially if he needs to use my phone that would me uhmm ewww ROFL...one thing I do miss from my pocket pc is the animated homescreens.

I say someone should give you your cake though...cuz if its up to the guys there will be more testosterone flyin. (wonders who types fastest or has the biggest fingers) lol eww
  12. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Truthfully, I proably wouldn't use it all the time. Depending on the picture because my daughter uses my phone sometimes. But it would be nice to have a few options when I am away from her.
  13. cheri

cheri Active Member

I hear you...just having the option is worth it. My daughter would laugh hysterically if I had one though.
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

wow im away for a few hours and look what happens to this thread!:tounge:
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

we wanted to blame you but we knew it was just a matter of time and you would come back :}
  16. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

We tried to play nice but damn it, some people just won't let you!! In case you all haven't noticed, diplomacy is NOT my strongpoint! :)
  17. relaxnow

relaxnow New Member

gives new meaning to "6pack" abs LMAO

gives new meaning to "6pack" abs LMAO:laugh2:
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i hear ya... be yourself at EQ, at least that is what i do :}

oh... is/was Hendrix a handsome man ? i just made a homescreen with him on it, his 6pack is not showing though :}
  19. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I won't speak for anyone else, but Hendrix doesn't do it for me!
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

Hendrix in his time probably was handsome. But as I have mentioned before when I was a kid hippies scared me. So did looking at psychodelic album covers lol.

My younger cousin (im the oldest of all the 1st cousins) is driving around the US for the summer in an old VW bus....oh the times have changed lol. Only problem so far is getting pulled over in Idaho for having California plates...aint that something, surpising no.