Someone know of a working Gameboy Advance emulator for the Q9C?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by magicman08, Mar 16, 2008.

1. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Someone know of a working Gameboy Advance emulator for the Q9C?

I have tried a couple, I am wondering if anyone has had any luck? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

So far the one I can get working emulates the ROM, but it is like in the right half of the screen and the "top" of the GBA game screen is facing out towards the right edge of the screen. That program is VBAdvancePPC.exe and the screen layouts don't change the position on the screen
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Don't know of a GBA emulator, but there is a Game Boy Coloe emulator that works wel - gnuboy. I have a copy of the .cab file on my apps page if you want to try it out.
  3. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

There's another in the works, called GBACE, posted on MoDaCo, but I don't think it supports the Q or any landscape phone yet.
  4. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

So it is in development right now? I am excited, I tried for a while to find one that works but there really isn't one out there right now....no really solid updated development in over 1 year, no solid support for wm6...

5. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Gave GBace a whack on my phone and it works just like vbadvanceppc.exe with the display on the Q9c being perfect and buttons as well but it is stuck in the right hand of the screen facing away from me
  6. EMForce

EMForce New Member

Gbace

i have GBACE running on my Q9m as well i also cant get the screen on land scape its stuck on the right, it also cant really load bigger files like 8mb i stick to small games 4mb, works pretty good though
  7. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

i am starting to think this one is a lost cause....for the time being anyway......and probably for a while....
  8. shah_0

shah_0 New Member

There is PocketGBA...

Supposedly this is the best one out there. However I can't get it to work on my Q9C. I've tried for hours to get it to work, however, either the .cab file won't install (installation unsuccessful) or if I try to run the pocketgba.exe from my phone it says it is an "invalid windows CE application."

So, it's there - if you can get it to work. (And if you do or if anyone has detailed instructions please tell me how!!).
  9. EMForce

EMForce New Member

ummmm make sure you have the tgetfile.dll installed on ur phone
  10. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

but i meaan it only displays on the right half of the screen....and the top of the gba display is facing the right side not the top where it is supposed to be
  11. shah_0

shah_0 New Member

I do have the tgetfill installed on my phone - use it with PocketSNES. So, even when PocketGBA is working it still is only half a screen in landscape? That sucks....
  12. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

something like that......i cannot remember if the one that works on my q9c but displays small and sidways was vbadvanceppc or pocketgba...

either way I have pretty much given up on the idea for now...as no one seems to be developing them and these two emulators haven't been updated in about a year or so at least