Some ringtones listed twice. Help!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by TabJo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. TabJo

TabJo New Member

Some ringtones listed twice. Help!

There for a while some were listed 3 or 4 times. I've tried searching and can't figure out my issue. I used SmartTweaker and have set it so that my ringtones are on my storage card. I've seen several different answers on where they should live. But I have them in \Storage Card\My Documents\My Ringtones. Those aren't the ones I'm having trouble with. Those are only listed once and work with no errors.

The ones that were already on my smartphone Amplify, Array, Bells, etc. are listed twice in the list when I go to Start, Settings, Sounds. The first one listed gives an error that says This ring tone file is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ring tone. The second one listed was working now it's giving the same error.
  2. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

i donno if this will help or not, but i put my ring tones in the root directory (the main storage card area), and have had no problems doubling up
  3. TabJo

TabJo New Member

Are you talking about the ones I downloaded or the ones that came with my phone? Cause I'm not having the issue with the ones I downloaded. Just the ones that came with the phone.

Thanks for helping!
  4. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

have you moved those anywhere? the only thing i can possibly think of is that they are duplicated somewhere
  5. TabJo

TabJo New Member

well I did copy them to the storage card but after it wouldn't let me delete them from my phone I deleted the ones from the storage card and have done a soft reset
  6. TabJo

TabJo New Member

Well I'm still having the problem. Currently I have the ringtones that came with the phone listed twice and none of them work. When I choose them they say Alert This ring tone is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ring tone. The only ringtones that work are the ones in that I put on there and are on the storage card.
  7. Boycan

Boycan New Member

I just had this happen to me, this is what happened. I did a hard reset on the phone so I had to reinstall smarttweaker and when I was adjusting the settings on smart tweaker I set it to save ringtones to sd and all of a sudden I had two of every factory ringtone and only one would work the other said it was currupt so I disabled that setting reset the phone and walla it was fixed. Hope this is what you have done and this will help you!:laugh2:
  8. TabJo

TabJo New Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Turning that setting off, worked. Thanks!!!!! And it still reads my personal ringtones from the storage card in my documents\my ringtones!!! Thank u so much!!!</p>
  9. Boycan

Boycan New Member

glad to finally have truly helped someone!