Some Q love

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by nesknowitall, May 5, 2009.

1. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Some Q love

So I have had the very first issue since I bought my Q9m over a year ago and actually it was nothing compared to many of my friends with iPhones or other phones people have had. First thing this community is awesome and thanks to everyone here I have been exremely happy with a phone that people told me was likely to freeze and crash all the time. Thanks to all the wonderfull people on here my phone runs at it's best and does exactly what I want it to. The tweaks I've made have made a good phone amazing.

So my friend is an apple rep and he uses an iPhone only because it is given to him as a work phone by Apple. I have never seen a device crash more in my life. His phone crashes/freezes at least once a day. Also he has a Blackberry 8330 just so he can text and do things that all normal phones do except the iPhone. My Q had NEVER frozen, NEVER crashed and I have left it on for 5-6 months at a time without shutting it down. Battery life on the stock battery is awesome since I don't use data and always txt. I get about 2 days on a full charge.

I also heard before I bought my Q that windows mobile has a lot of bad applications that can brick your phone, cause it to crash, corrupt your data, etc. None of the above have ever happened, even though I only use a handful of apps thats only because my Q came with good programs that I can actually use. Unlike *cough*cough* the iPhone.

The music part of my phone is awesome, it is not an iPod replacement and needs a 3.5mm jack but it is great when I want to blast some tunes from the built in speakers or play a song for a friend real quick.

Now for what I would change about it if anything would be a higher res screen, more variety of apps, 3.5mm headphone jack and better codec support with MP or even the ability to download and instal codecs.

Anyways I know that the Q is probably dead and I hate to say that but it was an amazing phone, with a better keyboard than anything I've ever touched. I can never move to the iPhone after this wonderful experience but the pre looks like a good option if a new Q never comes around.

So this is just me ranting about how much I love my phone and why I have no idea someone could actually go to an iPhone after having an experience like mine with the Q. Rant alongside me or smash me down, whatever because I am extremely happy with my phone :D
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

EXCELLENT commentary, my friend. With the only exception in your "wish list" being the 3.5 audio jack, the Nap (A4500) is what you could opt for if you were so inclined. It's everything you want and a boatload more. IMHO :) -Q
  3. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

You know where I can find one? I loved it when the first photos leaked but since I have not found anywhere that I can get one.
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

PM MotoManiac here and keep watching ebay, but be carefull there. Hope you find one. :) -Q
  5. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Commission!? lol
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!! I wish . . . Hehehehehehe . . . :) -Q