Some Interesting Info About the Q9hS (Sliver)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by n99hockey, Sep 25, 2008.

1. grs1191

grs1191 New Member

Q9 H Dropped Calls

I am dropping calls all the time with this phone. Sim card (At&T's fix for every phone problem) has been replaced, and upgraded to 6.1 and still dropping calls. Are dropped calls a common problem with the Q9 H phone?? If not this phone is going to get some of what it's been doing to me (DROPPED on the floor) and exchanged.
  2. JJL

JJL New Member

Don't bother exchanging, I am on my third replacement in (4) weeks. #4 will be on my desk on Friday when I get back into the office. Between the constant dropped calls and the bigger issue is the battery life, all 3 drain the extended battery in about 4 to 5 hours. Under nomal usage for me, phone calls and emails, the battery starts getting hot and eventually dies.

This phone has serious issues, fortunatly for me our company has 165 phones/air cards with AT&T so our account rep. bends over backwards to keep us happy. So we get replacement phones when needed and with out any headaches.
  3. George Knighton

George Knighton New Member

For me the q9h 6.1 has been very reliable, no issues with dropped calls at all.

If your previous device was also an AT&T device and you had no issues with dropped calls, I would exchange the phone.
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I have just a couple dropped calls over the last month, i can deal with that.
    I will add, if you're on your 4TH Q, They should have offered you a different phone as a replacement. They said thats there normal policy. At least thats what they did with me. I had the Shine, which continued to screw up on me, replaced it twice under warranty, on the third replacement they offered me a new phone, didn't even give me a specific phone i could choose from. They asked ME what phone i would like out of all there phones currently available, I took the Silver Q, and have been happy so far.

And i would think being a company acct, they would have offered a different phone option.
  5. elsmacko

elsmacko New Member

Where can I get the unbranded ROM with the battery saver option? Will it work fine on my Q9H from AT&T?

Battery life is the major area this phone needs help on. I don't like packing the high capacity battery because of the weight and bulk of it. It's good to have just in case, though, better then no option.

So where can I get the ROM with the battery saver, please?

Thanks!
  6. nbpilot

nbpilot New Member

I have to agree with ParaCad. Being new to the Q9H Silver and to AT&T, I have had no problems with call clarity, connection or power management. My previous phone was an HTC Apache from Sprint. That phone would get hot after talking about 20 minutes. So far, the extended battery is lasting about 3 days without needing a charge and is connect to our Exchange server using direct-push OTA.

When I wasn't sure if I would keep the phone, AT&T extended the same offer to pick any phone I wanted as a replacement. Again, am part of a corporate plan and am the decision maker. Nonetheless, ask them about changing phones at no cost if this is not working for you. You are the customer.
  7. elsmacko

elsmacko New Member

Thanks for sharing this; I downloaded it for that specific reason (power saver). It was the German one in that post over at motomoddingUK. Some of the others there would not work on mine, like the telnus or whatever thy are called lol. I was trying to find an english one. Never did but the german one is a multilanguage, has a bunch of different languages.

You can tell it is running a slower CPU clock speed though, it's alil slower then I like in power saving mode, but I will probably leave it anyway to save battery power, it's worth it. At least I can turn it up whenever I want to. Nice having the option.

I'm suprised they didn't do any hardware changes on the q9hs. Is it possible to make minor tweaks on hardware like CPU architecture, yet still have the sames FCCID?
  8. elsmacko

elsmacko New Member

So far I have only had 1 dropped call on my q9h, it was just where I was at I think (network issue). I have t-mobile, had them for 3 years or so now, almost 4 probably. They are good for being lower priced and more minutes then anyone else (except maybe tracphone or virgin mobile, but their phones are lame). Rarely do I drop calls. t-mobile's only major weakness is their data network. But it's nice using the $6/mth internet hack on WM phones ;) Unlimited data for $6/mth and it even works with Exchange! Pushmail for free mail2web lol Lots of bang for the 6 buck.