Software Update problem?

Discussion in 'US Cellular' started by MD02RSX-S, Oct 13, 2008.

1. MD02RSX-S

MD02RSX-S New Member

Software Update problem?

I have been trying to do the software update on my Q9c for about 4 days now and it will not update. The problem seems to be that Activesync keeps saying "Retrieving Settings" on my Win XP comp. The Software update tool finds my phone and starts the backup of my old data. Then the phone power cycles and the update program says 1%. At that time Activesync seems to freeze on the retrieving settings screen and nothing will happen til I unplug my phone.I have checked the USB box in the phones connection option both ways (on/off) and it still does the same thing. I have the registry editor and HTCUnlock done on the phone if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

What software update?
  3. MD02RSX-S

MD02RSX-S New Member

the one that is on Motorolas website that fixes the restarting issue
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

the backup in the Motorola Software Update utility (MSU) sometimes has issues. If you have outlook on your PC that backs up everything the MSU would. I usually unchek that when updating.
  5. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

Just keep trying..It will work eventually. I had to keep the box checked under usb settings but it eventually worked (fourth time in my case)