software to read text/e mail messages

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Weathernut, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Weathernut

Weathernut New Member

software to read text/e mail messages

I'd figure I would ask this here as this forum has been such a wonderful wealth of info!

Since NC has banned the reading or sending of text or e mail messages while driving, I was wondering if there was some kind of application that could read them to you. Of course this would have to be something you could launch before you drive, and I see how there could be some issues with it, but I could see how it might be handy.
    while driving it would be good to get those messages... somehow without stopping.

What are your thoughts, experiences etc etc with this type of software???
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

when did they pass that? I still see 1/3 or more txting, tweeting, and updating fb while driving? Heck still see a good portion of cops with acell stuck to their ear..
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Microsoft Voice Command

what phone u got?
  4. Weathernut

Weathernut New Member

12/1 of this year... oh yeah, and the law states with the exception of law officers. nice eh?

I have the moto q9c

ouch... 40 bucks eh? anyone use it? reviews?
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i used to use it all the time when i turned my Q1 phone into a smartphone version of KITT (from knightrider)
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

'Tell Me Text' will read them to you.....as they are received...you don't even have to touch the phone. It works with bluetooth and is freeware. Sending back ...don't know.
  7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Oregon has the same law coming in beginning next year. And yes law enforcement is exempted.
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

9. Weathernut

Weathernut New Member

it's kind of wierd. I am trying the microsoft product and although it will read my text messages and e mails, when I have my blue tooth in, and select use only bluetooth, it will not announce. If I set it to speaker and bluetooth, it works. It is almost as if my q9c sees my blue tooth as a headset and not actually a bluetooth. Does that make sense? So unless I turn off that setting when I am not in my car, it will announce everything. So, it does work, but not well with my q9c. Strange how my bluetooth is seen as a bluetooth device, but as far as the software is concerned, it seems to act like it is a headset or headphones.
    oh, and yes, I rebooted LOL