Software not working?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by ddrouin, Jun 30, 2006.

1. ddrouin

ddrouin New Member

Software not working?

Am I doing something wrong or does most of the software on this site NOT work with the Q (at least the trial versions). 80% of what I have downloaded says, "NOT A VALID WINDOWS CE APPLICATION".

These include Fizzweather, Trueconnect, Tweaks2k2net, Smarttweaker and others.
  2. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

If you are downloading "exe" files then you must run them on the desktop which uses active-sync to install it to the Q. Otherwise you must download cab files if you want to download directly to the device and install....
  3. ddrouin

ddrouin New Member

That must be it. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your help!
  4. ddrouin

ddrouin New Member

Another question. Where do you put the .EXE so that the Add/Remove programs on the Active Sync screen sees it? :blink:
  5. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

You save it on your computer wherever you like. To install it, have your Q connected and just run the .exe file.
  6. NiNE

NiNE New Member

Whenever i try to install programs i keep getting "the installation file is not intended for this device." This happens with fizz weather, Resco, and BaseHue Express. What am i not doing correctly? I am downloading the .zip file to the desktop then extracting and running the .exe from there. It trys to install but it's always unsuccessful. Anybody have any suggestions?
  7. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Make sure you are downloading the proper version of the application.. for WM5 Smartphone..
  8. NiNE

NiNE New Member

I downloaded off the Resco site and picked the Window's Smartphone Version.