So who got the data plan?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by danwo, Nov 28, 2007.

1. BIGD

BIGD New Member

u don't need picture messaging on ur Q cuz u cant send pics .
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I set up my picture mail account yesterday (it comes with SERO, so why not), but I've found that it probably won't be of much use to have unlimited picture mail anyway. Good for those rare times when someone might send me an MMS, but from the Q9c, the only way to send a picture to anyone is via email (which is free anyway, with the unlimited data on SERO). I guess the whole unlimited picture mail thing is really more for non-smartphone camera phones. Not a dealbreaker by any means.
  3. danwo

danwo New Member

SERO? Unfamiliar with the term...
  4. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Sprint Employee Refferal Offer.
  5. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Pic mail is good for non-smartphone phones but not for our beloved Q's :laugh2:
  6. danwo

danwo New Member

Ooo, tell me more. How do you get one of these?
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Check out slickdeals.net ---> Forums ---> Deal Talk and look for the SERO thread. The first post in that thread will give you all the details. It's a great deal! For $30/month, you get 500 anytime minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail (though that doesn't do much for us), unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited roaming, nationwide long distance, and the rest of the usual features. I believe they also higher cost plans with the more minutes on top of the same features.
  8. danwo

danwo New Member

Dude :blink:... How did you get yours? Get to keep your number?
  9. adma

adma New Member

I also have SERO 500.

500 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text, sprint tv...yadda yadda.

Love it. Come check out SERO talk, I am all over that forum on SD:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=563252

Make sure you rep MALYSHKA
  10. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Just went through the process outlined in the thread. I wanted to make sure the coverage was comparable with my Verizon coverage first, so I haven't ported my number over yet. Everything is working out great so far, so I'll be porting my number over shortly.
  11. adma

adma New Member

i love SERO. Been great. DOn't miss verizon yet at all.
  12. mabmarc

mabmarc New Member

Old Plan

I have the old $85 plan. 2 lines, 2000 anytime minutes, unlimited data, text and Nights and Weekends. When I got my Q9C they told me I needed a data plan at the store. So I told them not to activate it. I will do it myself. So I bought the phone outright at the store. When I got home I called sprint to have them activate it and asked them to do an ESN Swap. Once they swapped the old Q to the new, they told me I didn't have a data plan. I told them it was ok I don't use it and ended the call. I still have data and it works the same way it did before. I refuse to let the Sprint store or customer service make any changes to my plan.

I had the same problem at the store with my wifes Centro. They said they couldn't activate the phone without the new data plan. Plus they wouldn't give me the $75 credit I was due for the upgrade without activation. I told the manager, if you can't activate the phone without changing the plan, just sell me the phone outright and I will activate it myself. I went home and called the rep and did the ESN swap and told them the store wouldn't give me the $75 dollar credit. So they extended the contract which is required for the credit and made notes to the account and said to call back once the phone hits the bill and they will credit my account the $75. Plus they didn't add the $15 dollar data plan to her phone. The data still works as it did with her previous phone.

If you had data, old or not it will work with the newer phones, don't let them try to sell you extra data plans that you don't need.
  13. jtsarnak

jtsarnak New Member

SERO Owns

I too found out about the awesome SERO deal last month. I switched over from Verizon in the central jersey area and so far I don't miss VZW at all.

It's impossible to beat 500 minutes and unlimited Data & Text plus navigation with Google maps for $30 a month. It's actually insane that you don't even need an employee referal.

I ported my number and all is well. While this was a pain, it's all been worth it in the end.
  14. Brudarik

Brudarik New Member

My wife and I have a family plan with Sprint. Have for years. We get 550 anytime, and unlimited nights and weekends. For an extra $10 a phone we get unlimited texting. Then after I bought the Q9c, I went into the sprint store, and talked to the guy there about using sprint TV and the Sprint Navigation software. For $15 a month (no SERO), you get unlimited data (includes Sprint TV). For $20 a month you get that, PLUS the navigation use. I will say that I've tried google maps, and microsoft live maps, and the Sprint map is VERY nice. It even talks to me and tells me when to turn.

After talking with the guy, and working our bill, I now pay $15 extra for my wife to get unlimited data and text, and $20 for myself to get unlimited data and text and sprint navigation. The unlimited data and text now lets me use the instant messenger service as well for free.

Edit: Keep in mind that up until I got my Q9c, I had NO data plan whatsoever.
  15. bdogg

bdogg New Member

I just spoke to a rep today about the data plans. I have 3 lines and for $25 a month sprint would give me unlimited Texting, Web, Radio, TV and all that good stuff for all three lines.

If i get the $15 dollar plan all that will only apply for my line, i think i'm going for the all family plan for $25