So when this new ROM for the Saga does arrive....

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by EQBob, May 12, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

So when this new ROM for the Saga does arrive....

We have yet to get answers to the questions of:

+how will we find out (like where will it be officially announced?)

+where we will get it (and please don't say here...this is not an official distribution channel)

and

+how to flash your phone?

Does anyone have solid answers to those questions?
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Pretty admirable that you will flash your phone, Bob. Good goin'! Doesn't Samsung have an "Official" support site? If it is an "official" ROM release they should have a site as does Moto to auto flash your phone. And, if you read my Wm 6.0 to WM6.1 Tutorial you'll see exactly how it is "unoficially" done. All you need do is plug in the appropriate terms, apps, and phone. Best wishes, man. :) -Q
  3. pat_the_cat

pat_the_cat New Member

ugh...still waiting.
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Has anyone tried to update the phone through the samsung update page? How would we even know if its out there if noone has tried?
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Right you are, pat. Same thing with everyone with MinMo phones once an announcement of an upcoming ROM is released. Been there a bunch of times. Just part of the "fun" eh? :) -Q
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

NOT being sarcastic here . . . Have you NOT tried? (Curious) AND, wouldn't they OR VZW make the announcement? :) -Q
  7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

No I havent tried since I dunno where the site even is that we would find the upload. The Q had the motorola software page that updated my old Q but I cant find a site for the samsung mobile rom updates. How would they communicate it to us?
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

If not than try the VZW site. If it (or when) is available it will show in "upgrades/updates" for your particular for your phone.. :) -Q
  9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yup verizon doesnt have it posted yet they have that POP mail fix for sending out emails that you have running with POP but that looks like the most recent.
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yup! Figured. That'll be the place to often check. Good luck, man !!!!! :) -Q
  11. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Sure...and I've checked there and there's nothing listed. I'm *assuming* that it would be there, but since I've never had a phone that I've flashed, I don't know if that's where things get listed or not. Maybe VZW releases them...? I don't know...I have absolutely no knowledge of this area, hence my questions....they're innocent, trying to learn, not trying to start anything.

As far as the tutorial, I'll have to try and find that. Having never needed to do something like that, I didn't know a tutorial existed.
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I hve no problem flashing it to get GPS and other upgrades as an official release. I wouldn't flash it to steal GPS or other services.
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Go here, Bob: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...-vzw-q9c-m-from-wm-6-0-to-wm-6-1-a-32277.html

This is pretty much the manual way to do what the "auto" does invisably to the user. Gives you a good idea of what happens. :) -Q
  15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

First go to the verizon wireless website than login to your vzw account than go to support and "phones and devices" and you should see the saga there with the topics below that. I'm assuming thats where they would put it up I guess.
  16. EQBob

EQBob New Member

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

bob there is a program from spb called spb backup im pretty sure it backs up all or at least most of that data.
  18. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

You are better off backing up the Outlook data and files on the phone than doing a restore from a different firmware version IMO.

The update will likely be on the samsungusa site that bob posted that's where I used to get updates for the i600.

There will be very specific instructions on the flash procedure with the update. Most people ignore steps to their peril thinking they aren't important. Generally you get walked through the procedure with a wizard style.
  19. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thanks Lars. I actually don't give a rat's @ss about my outlook date. It'll resync from Exchange lickety split when it's done. I was more wondering about programs...google maps, batti, sodoku, etc.
  20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I'd save them to the storage card or maybe try usinng that spb backup program.