SNES and Gameboy on Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by iamjames, Nov 4, 2007.

1. iamjames

iamjames New Member

yeah you're on your own there.
  2. eclimax13

eclimax13 New Member

why does my phone say it cant start program cuz its not digitally signed by a trusted certificate
  3. cleftic

cleftic New Member

does anyone have another link for the SNES? the one I have on my phone runs slow.
  4. eclimax13

eclimax13 New Member

how did u get urs to work on the 9m?
  5. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Do you have sound enabled? That really slows the emulator down.
  6. cleftic

cleftic New Member

I have a 9c
  7. Agent D

Agent D New Member

In the versions of gnuboy, picodrive and pocketsnes i have, the screen is really tiny, and when i try to change the setting to make the screen bigger, half of the game screen is cut off, this is all in a tiny window, not the full screen like it should be. PocketNester works perfectly tho
  8. cleftic

cleftic New Member

it's with or without the sound. my nes and sega works fine. the snes is just slow. I think I may have a old version of it.
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Where did you download it from? When I tried the SNES emulator before, I got it from modaco.com, and it worked fine (at least without sound, which made it run choppy).
  10. cleftic

cleftic New Member

I found on 4shared.com, but I found on that site that works without sound.
  11. cleftic

cleftic New Member

I found it on 4shared.com, but I found on that site that works without sound.
  12. FordGTGuy

FordGTGuy New Member

Im currently using the gameboy color emulator from the website provided in this thread. it works except for two big problems.

1.While I play the game the actual game is 1/3 the size of the screen.
    2.Once I started playing the rom I wasn't able to find a way to exit the game without turning off my phone. That includes pressing the home button.
  13. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

1. I don't think there's a way to get it to show fullscreen.

2. I just press the email/messaging button, then use the back button to get back in. When you return to the emulator, it will be paused and the menu bar will be showing for you to properly exit out of the program.
  14. ohhshiiiiiit

ohhshiiiiiit New Member

i just realized that if you have the system shortcut for extremetext, that you wont be able to get to the menu in gnuboy. i found out the hard way by playing pokemon red for a couple hours and then not being able to save it.
  15. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

If memory serves, pushing the scrollwheel in (need to hold a sec) and scrolling down (or up) will also bring up the menu bar.
  16. iamjames

iamjames New Member

No, it doesn't, or at least it doesn't work on my Q.

If anyone has figured out how to work GNUBOY on the Q please post a video of it on Youtube or at least let me know so I can post a video. I figured out the A and B buttons are the softkeys. Those are the unmarked keys to the right and left of the center directional as seen at the top left and right of this photo:
    [​IMG]

But I still can't figure out what buttons are the "Start" and "Select" buttons or how to bring up the menu. Searches have only revealed that the start and select button correspond to "button 1" and "button 2" whatever that means
  17. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I have my start button set to button 1 which corresponds to the 1 button on my Q (the W key), I have my select button set to button 2, which should correspond to the 2 button on my Q (the E button).

As for the menu, when you tried my suggesting and held in the scroll wheel, how long did you hold it? I hold for 2 seconds, then scroll down (while still holding the wheel in) - brings up the menu everytime. Maybe it'll work if you hold it in a little longer . . .
  18. iamjames

iamjames New Member

No, holding the scroll wheel down longer doesn't work.

How are you running the program? I'm using file manager to go to the directory the exe is in and running the exe. Is that how you're running it?

EDIT: i created a shortcut but that didn't help anything. I does seem to automatically save my game whenever I exit, even after turning off the Q, so I guess I really don't need to access the menu.

Sound also doesn't work on gnuboy anymore.
  19. kpxiceboi

kpxiceboi New Member

i don't about you, but i just can't seem to get my Gameboy emulator to work period. i've read the forum, hoping to find a way to make it work, but nothing.
  20. Coming_down

Coming_down New Member

I've had problems with each emulator I've tried on my Q9c so far. The Snes emulator looked and sounded fine, but the controls were so screwy, I couldn't play anything. It seemed like there was no way to get the direction pad working correctly, and I couldn't get the L and R buttons to work. - So I gave up on that.

PocketNester controls were a little screwy too. But I haven't tried the controls on Rainmakerrc's page yet, and I bet those work. So there's that.

As for the Gnuboy, it works great for me with the exception that when I enable the sound - it freezes, and I pretty much mash buttons to get out of the screen. And what's Zelda without the music, really? It's like a tease.