SNES and Gameboy on Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by iamjames, Nov 4, 2007.

1. iamjames

iamjames New Member

2. cheri

cheri Active Member

ok james what do you think of it so far?
  3. iamjames

iamjames New Member

the gameboy emulator worked great for the minute i tested it with pokemon, ran full speed and sound was good. Haven't tried the snes though.

it's nice having a nes, gameboy and snes emulator on a phone :)
  4. iamjames

iamjames New Member

i'd rather have a good gb emulator than snes though, they had gb versions of most popular snes games and they made gb games for several years after the snes was discontinued. Also gb games are designed for smaller screens and two buttons.
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

i just might try it out. Thanks for the info.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

but where is the Atart 2600 emulator ? :}
  7. maroonbully

maroonbully New Member

8. americangurl

americangurl New Member

I'm a newbie here and am not sure if your joking or not(ignore this if you were) but Pocket Stella works great on my new Q, pitfall sound effects get very strange looks in public lol. The up and down and left and right are switched by default but its easy to change.
    http://stella.sourceforge.net/
    click stable releases under downloads
    its the one that says: Binary ZIP for WinCE devices (PocketPC and Smartphones)
    add the exe to your sd card and create a folder for your roms in the same place
    then create a shortcut in the games file if you wish...

Kris
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i was mainly joking... but we don't ignore newbie's, so welcome Kris. if there actually was a A2600 emulator, well i don't know what i would do, but i would get a bit excited :}
  10. americangurl

americangurl New Member

My post was about an Atari 2600 emulator that works great on the Moto Q...its an off shoot of the best 2600 emulator for PC, Stella. Sorry for not making that clear.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you got me speechless........
  12. shweetpickens

shweetpickens New Member

I just got a new Q and my snes and nes emulators have lag problems. They run fine until you push a button, or worse yet, 2 buttons at the same time. Like in Contra, I cant even crouch AND shoot at the same time. It doesnt seem to like more than one button pressed. Everything else is perfect. What am I doing wrong. I am using pocketnesterplus and pocketsnes. My processor supposedly runs at 400 something mhz and is an ARM920.
  13. maroonbully

maroonbully New Member

I need some help with the gnuboy program. I ran the .exe file on my PC like the instructions said, but it just opens a dos like window for a split second then closes. I try to open the gnuboy.arm.cab on my phone but I just get an "unsuccessful" message. I think maybe I'm just missing something, I just got my Q last saturday and am new to all this. I have been able to install things like STK, weather watcher, madbeetle, etc... though, and this doesn't seem to be working the same way.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
  14. shweetpickens

shweetpickens New Member

I think you need to plug your phone into your PC first and let it sync up.
  15. maroonbully

maroonbully New Member

It's sync'd. I hook up, copy the files over and then sync, just like with all the other apps I've loaded. They're on the phone, it just won't install. Tells me the install was unsuccessful.
  16. shweetpickens

shweetpickens New Member

It seems like it did that to me too, but I haven't messed with it since. I just installed the nes and snes emulators, and they're keeping me busy enough.
  17. maroonbully

maroonbully New Member

I put pocketnesterplus on my phone since the gameboy emu failed to load. The nester program works like a charm, so I'll stick with that. Been playing old chessmaster and tetris. Some Punch Out and Contra too. Great way to kill some time during slow times at work.
  18. WeldFire

WeldFire New Member

I am having the same problem . . . and if I try and run the .exe from my phone it says that it is not digitally signed. 1 Question where are the ROM files??
  19. Zandri

Zandri New Member

Please Help!

Holy crap, I can't deal with the stupid Gnuboy emulator! I run the .exe file, and it comes up with a screen in which i can navigate to the roms. I select Metroid 2.gb, and it says "There is no application associated with Metroid 2. Run the application first and then open this file inside the application." Its so frustrating! What do I do?

And as with the ROM files, i think we arent allowed to post sites that contain them. You have to find them on your own....sorry:frown:
  20. iamjames

iamjames New Member

400mhz? Then you don't have a Q or it is a Q and you overclocked it.