SMS text threading program similar to that used on Treo 650!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Franco Q, Jul 18, 2006.

1. mcapehart

mcapehart New Member

Hi everyone,
    I just tried this today. It's very nice. However, I also have a Treo 650 and 700p & the text appears corrupt, and sometimes blank when received on those two devices, using their native SMS application. Anyone else experienced this on POS treos or other phones for that matter?
  2. ddeblase

ddeblase New Member

here's a thought don't be so rude and you will get somewhere in life.
  3. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

If a threaded SMS program becomes available, it will most likely be direct from Motorola and integrated into whatever they (might) do for their WM6 distribution. The problem with SMS is that it is pretty tightly integrated into the operating system and the carrier customization interface. Most third party apps for the WM5 plug in neatly to extend the functionality of the operating system. Creating a replacement SMS program would be the programatic equivillent of open heart surgery, and without access to the carrier customization code, it would be like doing open heart surgery with your back turned to the patient.

My strong sense is that if a third party threaded app becomes available that it would sit on top of the existing SMS program already on the Q - unfortunately that program wasn't designed to be ported into or out of very elegantly (or else it already would be done)...
  4. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

OR not. We'll give it a try with Native code instead of .NET and see what happens... So far our Alpha version seems fine...
  5. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

what alpha version ... let me try it out ....
  6. Marvelous Merv

Well get 'er done. Frankly I am not even sure why txtman is still listed as a program on this website - BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK.
  7. aprilQ

aprilQ New Member

i got txt man to work on my new sprint q
  8. Qluver

Qluver New Member

Qthreader

I love it! It works incredibly with the Q! Txtman was alright, but I didn't like the fact that you couldn't type in the number you wanted to txt. The Qthreader is wonderful. It also has messages you can create to auto respond to people that txt you. All I really had to do was download the CF 2.0 and restart it and it worked great. Just 2 bits from a qluver. ;-)
  9. ksmith80209

ksmith80209 New Member

Qthreader? Where did you get this?
  10. Qluver

Qluver New Member

Link to qthreader

http://www.everythingq.com/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,2/Itemid,67/

It's right on our site, but there is the direct link for it. It's a .cab file so I just moved it to my storage card and installed it on the device. It's pretty nice. After playing with it more the only thing i could do without are the constant message requests. However, the threading is awesome!
  11. svtjoe

svtjoe New Member

Doesnt work for sprint. I just tried it and I got the same results at Txtman. (Blank text messages, @@@@@@)
  12. Marvelous Merv

People have a long history - in this an other, similar threads regarding SMS text threading, to claim victory either on a successful install, or what they THINK is a successful installation and send. It doesn't work until you do the install, then send AND RECEIVE a lengthy text message. Or series of text messages.

People just want the program(s) to work sooooo badly. Note that you won't find ANYONE who responds to these threads who says "I have been using SMS Threader/Txtman for [fill in weeks/months] and it has been working GREAT for me!"
  13. Qluver

Qluver New Member

Sorry...

Well, it worked for me. I am sorry it may not work for others. =(
  14. Marvelous Merv

I got a fatal error the first time I sent a message over 100 characters.
  15. bowabowa

bowabowa New Member

Still working

Would like to hear back from Qluver to see if this is still working for her. I attempted to install and like Merv receive the fatal errors. Granted the app looks great and it allowed me to attempt to send a message but then bombed out.

Also wondering if there's been any other progress regarding this issue (SMS threading)...any other new news as to Motorola/Verizon trying to do anything about improving this function etc?
  16. Marvelous Merv

The fact remains that without new releases of Txtman or Qthreader, neither of these programs in their current release format work. Frankly, based on my experience and testing, I am not sure that they EVER worked as advertised.

I would love a threaded SMS program for my Q, but right now its seemingly vaporware...

In the meantime we can only continue to wonder if Birdsoft's "Native Code" is still "working fine". I'd say its for the birds alright!