SMS text threading program similar to that used on Treo 650!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Franco Q, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Franco Q

Franco Q New Member

SMS text threading program similar to that used on Treo 650!

YI've downloaded this program and it works very well. It should make many x treo 650 users very happy. Also the creator will be releasing updates soon!

You can download it at
    http://benhirashima.com/hostedFiles/ThreadedSMS_Beta1.zip

Let me know what you think.

It requires the compact .NET framework 2.0
    Ive posted the instructions for installing this here:

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mac-motorola-q/net-framework-version-2-0-cab-files-578.html
    :thumbup:
  2. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

If this is what i think it is You Are My Hero. Is this like the text msngr that works like an instant messenger chat screen? I have no means to check it bc im at work, and bc of the heavy storms i still have no power at my house (and possibly may not till the weekend)
  3. Franco Q

Franco Q New Member

Yes that is exactly what it does.
  4. Ben74

Ben74 New Member

5. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

This thing is awesome. Had to restart the phone for it to seemingling "fully" integrate - but aftewards, it's great. Volume on a received message is deafening ... gotta play with it some more though
  6. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Details for a non-Treo user, please. Huh? What does it do, and why does it do it better than what's already out there? Thanks in advance!
  7. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

The screenshots speak for themselves on the provided website - it basically turns your SMS msgs into an IM like format. E.g.

Me: Blah blah blah
    <Contact Name>: Blah blah blah?
    Me: Yes, blah blah blah.

Not to mention, it overtakes your whole SMS system, and the text notification screen is much more useful (again, much like an IM client).
  8. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Cool thanks!
  9. quebert

quebert New Member

great program! If anyone can figure out a way to set the volume for the notifer it will be perfect. I used an mp3 for my SMS notifer before, this doesn't seem to support it? All the tones it lets you select from seem to be the ones in your \windows directory. I moved my mp3 one there but no dice. So I converted nto a WAV and saved it to the \windows directory and it worked like a charm. The volume thing is a bit out of control, not complaing though, because this program is free and incredibly useful!
  10. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is definately going to be my next purchase. I miss this sooooo much from my treo!
  11. dragonauta

dragonauta New Member

the only way to do it is lowering the earpiece volume (pressing wheel and rotating).
  12. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Considering its freeware, it's at a great price too!
  13. quebert

quebert New Member

best free program I've used for my Q, amazing how something this useful and cool can be free, while most every other peice of software costs money. $10 bucks for one that makes your camera flash work as a flashlight? I mean that is useful, but 10 bucks? sheese...

I'm going to Paypal the dude who makes Txtman some cash.
  14. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

volume of the notifier

is it too loud, too soft, please clarify the issue. When you go into meeting mode (vibrate) does txtman integrate with the standard phone settings?
  15. quebert

quebert New Member

it uses whatever volume my phone is set at, it has a built in vibrate feature which is nice. It's free so I'm not complaining, but it would be perfect if it let you set the volume independant of what the phones at. At the loudest volume it can be pretty jolting in a quiet room :blink: This is by far the best app I have on my phone (broken record)
  16. Grady

Grady New Member

I'm extremely excited about loading this on my Q when I get it later this week, but I have one question. If I use this, then delete it for any reason, do the text messages get deleted as well, or do they get resorted to the default display? Thanks in advance for the clarification!
  17. quebert

quebert New Member

this is only an assumption, but based off using it, I don't think it will save them if you delete it. I went to the built in SMS section and it didn't list any of the txt's I've gotten since I installed it. Maybe when you uninstall it backs them up or something? good question though.
  18. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

It will delete your notes if you delete the program. You might want to download it soon - I e-mailed the author about making possible improvements to his product and he said he was going to turn it commercial in the near future.... hate it when that happens.
  19. power2nv

power2nv New Member

Damn

I don't know the reason but I was getting error messages when recieving txt messages. I have the net 2.0 installed and I tried un-installing the program ..... and tried it again for the second time re-installing and same thing happen. Third could be a charm but everything is working to the T in my Q so I don't want to risk it. I would not bother until a beter version comes out. It really seems like a very awesome txt threader.
  20. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Threads are stored in /Application Data/TxtMan/Folders/Inbox. If you want to backup your threads, just copy the Inbox folder to your desktop computer. To restore your backup, copy the Inbox folder back to /Application Data/TxtMan/Folders/Inbox, overwriting any existing files. The threads are stored as HTML, so you can even view the threads on your desktop computer using a web browser.