SMS backup?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by koggit, Jul 11, 2007.

1. koggit

koggit New Member

SMS backup?

I text a lot. At least fifty a day, usually 100+. I just got my Q pretty recently and have spent a great deal of time trying to optimize my texting with third party applications and registry modifications. Being completely new to smartphones, it's been an interesting couple of days.

My problem is, from what I've read, text messages are stored in system files, making them impossible to store on a memory card. My system's memory is running low from text messages (I don't have any media or anything, it's full from just texts) but don't want to delete them. Important things are often said that I want archived. Since, from what I've read, it's impossible to store txts on my memory card (that'd be the ideal solution), is there at least a way to back them up onto my PC for archival?

Please respond quickly, if there's a solution. I have less than 5MB free and don't want to be forced to delete anything.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

go to www.jeyo.com and download jeyo mobile extender...it will allow you to sync your SMS with MS Outlook
  3. koggit

koggit New Member

Am I right to assume I'd need Microsoft Outlook for the sync, and not Outlook Express? Or, are there perhaps free third-party applications that are compatible (a la Sun's OpenOffice to MS's Office)?

I suppose, if worst comes to worst, I'll buy Outlook and use that program. Thanks.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you assumed correct.. there is a Outlook Express sync even though it is not yet tried on the Q to my knowledge. it's SyncExpress. if you decide to try it let us know the results.
  5. ToddCarey

ToddCarey New Member

Apolsoft SMS Transfer for Android Phone (Android v2.1-4.1)
    Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer is the only smart andriod SMS backup and managment software. It is an application designed for cellphones running android system. It allows you to transfer and backup your SMS messages between android phone and desktop computer. I think all android users should own such a powerful android SMS backup manager, because it is a rare good software.
    Backup and save all your android phone SMS to computer
    View and edit exported text message on computer
    Restore SMS from computer to android phone
    See the SMS which you want to print by preview window
    Desktop tool support:Win NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Win 7
    Phone port support:Android 2.1/Android 2.2/Android 2.3.x/ android4.0/android/4.1
    Transfer SMS into .db file and print it on computer
    PC manage tool support txt,excel,csv export
    Support unlimited SMS backup&restore
    Export SMS to .db file on computer
    Fast backup and restore speed
    Easy to us
    Buy here is the official version of the software:
    Free down: http://www.apolsoft.com/download.html
    More: http://www.apolsoft.com/sms-transfer.html
  6. ToddCarey

ToddCarey New Member

Since I bought "Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer" and use it, no matter how many text messages I have, It can provide me a fast speed for backup. More importantly, It has its own desktop management tools, the ability to import text messages to the desktop management tools to edit, delete, print and other operations, Many free software can not do it and the software is very easy to use. So, I am very optimistic about this software, I hope my review could bring some benefits for you. This is not what the ad! !