SmartVista

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by PEZCORE, Jan 24, 2007.

1. PEZCORE

PEZCORE New Member

SmartVista

Some one posted this over on Qusers, so I thought i would post it here
    Granted I am all for freeware just wish they didnt charge for the additional features

http://www.jgui.net/black/smartvista/
  2. qwho

qwho New Member

Pretty neat. I'll have to play with this for a while.
  3. chower

chower New Member

Promising

I really like the way this looks/works. Anybody have any experience with the paid version? Wouldn't be against paying for it if word of mouth (keyboard) was good.

Chower
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i like it also, well most of it i do.. any personal expirience available from people who use it ?
  5. Snarl

Snarl New Member

This looks really sharp...downloading for sure! Might even replace my current one...if it works.
  6. Snarl

Snarl New Member

BAH! DAMN Telus...I'd have to hack the registry just to install this thing. Thhennn my phone would probably crash. DAMN YOU TELUS!!! :frown:
  7. swagner

swagner New Member

I like the look a ot but I am having some problems.
    1. you cant just dial right from the home screen
    2. when you answer a call you do not get the ususal screen with call timer etc.
    3. I get an error running gwes.exe every time I launch it.
    4. You can't just select the item on your home screen for an appointment and get to your calendar.

The interface is so nice and I want to use it badly, but i can't get past these issues.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

interface does look good.. but i don't think i want the issues you have with it, did you report the issues you have ?
  9. PNut

PNut New Member

I had the same problems. Its a nice cosmetic overlay, but it drastically educes function, and battery life. It is a constant intenet connection and processing of colors (which can be turned off). The error message was also irritating.

I'll stick with functionality over aesthetics. Explains a lot about my wife...
  10. qwho

qwho New Member

???

Anyway, I deleted this about an hour after downloaded it. Same problems as everyone else. It KILLED my battery within that span of time. Just not worth it.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thank you "testers".. saves me some headaches and time..
  12. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I tried this thingee on my new Black Q just for shits and giggles. The install went well. When I 'turned it on,' I got a message "A problem has occured with gwes.exe" However, everything seems to be working okay.

Am I going to be the first dummy to pay the registration? Probably! :tounge:
  13. james93921

james93921 New Member

I think I'm the first dummy to pay for the registration. The same error messages with mine. gwes.exe error. It's cool looking, but not very functional. You can't scroll down to view old SMS and you can't even view e-mails. It sucks.
  14. swagner

swagner New Member

I too get the gwes error. I also connot see any icons when I click start. The background stays the same and I get my menu bars at the top and bottom, therefore it is almost useless.

That said, I don't think it sucks, it is just not ready yet for distribution. If these bugs get fixed and you can scroll to get email, sms, and calendar, then I am sold. I really like the interface and the way you can quickly slide side to side to see different screens. I wish you could enter multiple news sources though.

I will save final judgement for a while, but right now it is unusable.
  15. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I agree with the final judgements. The animation is too much for the battery to handle. Want it, but can't use it.

I genuinely didn't mean to imply that who ever paid for the registration was a dummy. Unsure
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

anyone here who used it that has contact with the coder ?
  17. swagner

swagner New Member

I have sent 2 emails to support on their site with no responses.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ouch... that's what, 2 strikes :]
  19. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Ouch! LoL :smile:
  20. armlock84

armlock84 New Member

Spoke with Support

I actually purchased this app to see it's full functionality. I emailed the developer to see why this is not Q compatible and if is working on a fix. (having same issues everyone is having) here is the email thread you judge for yourself. It seems he wants to resolve the issues for Q users, but apparently he states that we are "incorrect" with our issues and he has users that are up and running..... (gave him the link to this thread)

Can you guys compile the issues and I can send it to him...

Thanks for reply.
    Could you explain me what's runs and what's not in your device?
    As I've written previously some owners of MotoQ said me that it runs.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, 29 January, 2007 16:54
    To: jginfo@jgui.net
    Subject: RE: Receipt for Your Payment to info@jgui.net

Fair enough, but you did not respond to my last email and I figured you were blowing me off. I would like to introduce this application to my company since my group uses the Q. We are always looking for a well put together programs to help with overall productivity. (field work) Please notify me of the fixes so I can test them, if all goes well I may deploy this to my group of 20 technicians.

.....I purchased the product because of the limited functionality in the trial version. Stated previously, I made a mistake thinking this app was for the Q..which I am willing to accept.

Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 10:42 AM
    To:

Why should I agree?
    You had freeware version to test if it works in your device.
    Before you pay.

And I don't agree with messages in the linked forum, I have other users of MotoQ, many, use my program successfully.

I'm working for updating already, integrating emails with text messages, multiplied message accounts... And of course all fixes for reported problems in various hardware.

Sent: Monday, 29 January, 2007 16:17
    To: jginfo@jgui.net

Can I get a refund please?

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-home-screens-wallpapers/smartvista-3516-2.html

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 10:20 AM
    To:

I collect reports from motoq users, then I will write fixes, But some users said it works in motoq without problems. Maybe they do not use all functions.
    As I said I coolect opinions already. Ina few days, a week or a little more I will update.

Sent: Friday, 26 January, 2007 15:42
    To: info@jgui.net

Good morning,

I totally did not realize that this App is for the black jack phone. I am a Motorola Q owner from Verizon wireless and it does not function properly. Is there a patch to get it to work on the Q? This is great App and would love for it to work on the Q.

Thanks for your help!