SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Is it possible that the lock-ups are somehow related to some settings...? Could you investigate further?
  2. spork27

spork27 Member

I just had another lockup and I really wish I could give some helpful feedback but it doesn't seem to be anything specific that causes a lockup everytime. The only thing that each time has in common is time. The longer you go from a restart the more likely it is to happen. Normally this behavior is linked to a memory leak or something, but I don't know as much about programs for smartphones so that might not even be a possibility.
  3. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin New Member

Not wanting to give up on the developer just yet, I reinstalled the latest release, and have been playing with it for about 3 hours, without any lockups...

The version I had earlier was good for atleast 2 within 10 minutes..

I will keep you informed as to the status... I sincerely hope this one is stable, because the program is GREAT in concept.

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!
  4. is there software out there that can log resets and system crashes on the q?
  5. winotree

winotree New Member

First off I need to apologize to e-Native and other users of Smarttool Kit. It seems that ol' winotree has a bad case of BFF (Big Fat Fingers) and that seems to have been the cause of most of my problems -- that and going too fast through the application. Now maybe it isn't, BUT since using a lighter touch while in STK, and slowing down just a little, I have had few, if any problems...so, it makes me wonder.

What is THAT sound? Oh...it must be Prosper, half way round the world LHAO!! :smiling broadly:

Seriously though...I had tried STK back in May or June and again in August before downloading version 4D (to answer Boo from the other day) and I can see such potential for this application...no, it's not really slow, but some parts of it are laid out right to left and that caused me some concern until I accepted it, and no, it's not (too) buggy IMO since I've backed off with a lighter touch on the keys: it's no longer a KKKLLLICCKKKK but sort of a "snik" that has changed my attitude about this app.

Just wanted ya'll to know...
  6. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Been using it since last night and no lockups.

Has anyone tried the auto key lock or screen saver while running Qcaps or Qtasks?

Don't feel like throwing a monkey wrench it a smoothly working setup. The separate AutoKeyLock program dodn't play well with Qcaps.

If this apps keylock/screensaver works with Qcaps it'll be the Cherry on top of the Sundae.
  7. Had my first lockup I think. The device wasn't responding, but I was able to turn it off and on with the power button. I guess then it didn't completely lock up.
  8. eddyhig

eddyhig New Member

Yeah when mine locks up I also just hold the end key and reboot. The new version doesnt lock up much, infact I have it in the startup folder. I have noticed sometimes when it does lock up you can hold the home key and when the quick list pops up just hit end and see if it brings it back to life.

Does anyone use the hibernate in STK and if so does it work?
  9. pistacio

pistacio New Member

The only problem I had with lockup was due to me playing with it right after installation without restarting the Q. When I restarted after initial installation, all went well and has been since this past Saturday. Sorry if I'm not any help.

I have the menu animation turned off in the "appearance" tab in the control panel....if that helps any.
  10. pistacio

pistacio New Member

Thought I would share a couple of screen shots taken with STK itself:

[​IMG]

Digital clock screen saver with auto keylock on and "show tray" on:

[​IMG]

Dig. clock with "show tray" off:

[​IMG]

Anolog clock screen saver (can be used with "tray on" also:

[​IMG]

The screen saver is great for me because I always find myself hitting a button to check the time, so now its displayed in an easy to read large display when i press a button with the keys locked.
  11. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

12. a.nixjr@yahoo.com

a.nixjr@yahoo.com New Member

Lock-ups

I've had this app since the say after the release and I have no experienced problems with the following settings.

Under the control panel - you must have it set to "SHOW DESKBAR". Other wise you will experience locks frequently. I have done this several times and that seems to be the only time the phone locks up!
    The other settings may seem cooler but they interfere with the apps function on the Q. Also disable your autokeylock feature on STK as well.

Hope this helps :)
  13. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Please replace that link with a link to SmartToolkit.mobi. This link isn't always up to date, but the link on STK's page is. The manual will also be hosted on STK's page (not external anymore), once it runs on my server.

Also, SmartToolkit.mobi will be deleted, and e-Natives.com will come, because amarullz is planning to develop another WM application.
    e-Natives.com will be hosted on my server, once it's upgraded in December.
  14. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Reported to amarullz. Hopefully this information is helpful for him to fix the bug/s.
  15. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin New Member

I ran mine with SKTools, and Qcaps...

I found that SKTools didn't like it for some reason... I got some slow runs while trying to run both in conjunction with Qcaps, but after I uninstalled SKTools, no more locks... I tested it for MOST of the day yesterday, and not one lock thereafter...

Now, I have to decide which is more important to me, SKTools, or STK.... *sigh*

Qcaps stays... I'll rid myself of BOTH of them, b4 I let that one go... LOL :foot:
  16. winotree

winotree New Member

a.nixjr@yahoo.com > I'm running STK with auto lock on all the time since my re-install a coupladays ago and it runs fine on my MOL2 SprintQ. Just my thoughts...

Silent Assassin > (Like that name!!) I'm running both apps you mentioned with no problems (read my past posts to know about problems that turned out not to be). I'm still puzzled to learn that many times I thought STK was stuck or frozen were actually times I was telling it to do something contrary to the way it was set up (designed). For example: improperly exiting the app; or clicking the wrong key at the wrong time...just not paying attention, I'd bet!!

Once again, jut my thoughts this morning.
  17. RyanHickman

RyanHickman New Member

My only problem with the thing is the start menu is not properly handling my recent programs.

Ideas? Newest release with a USC Q.
  18. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

What do you mean by recent programs? BOO
  19. Prosper

Prosper New Member

It doesn't display your last used programs. It's simply a quick launch function. How to change the programs: Check out the manual :wink:
  20. if the site was up and running, but it appears to be down again :(