SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Roguefoxx

Roguefoxx New Member

I've been running 07 beta for most of the day today without any trouble. I run an HS with Facade, phoneAlarm and Fizz Traveller and it seems to be running fine today... I'll cross my fingers and hope it continues to run well.
  2. winotree

winotree New Member

Back to you, Boo!! Thank you...listen, it's like I said, still being tested.

And to answer your question: no locking programs, nothing like it running and nothing running at the same time...just Facade, FizzWeather and Papyrus as my HS. No plugins, no nothing. Not saying I'm obsessed about running only one program or app at a time, but then this Q is for my personal use--some thing to "keep me out of trouble" :heh-heh-heh:

What I don't understand is what happened between last weekend and this to botch things so...hmmm...
  3. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Which version where you running when things went bad for you winotree? BOO
  4. winotree

winotree New Member

Dunno...dated 10.07.2007 tho, if that helps.
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

You are most likely right and it may very well be a conflict with another app.
    I did try Right-Menu in between the two times I had STK on my Q.

Only thing that concerns me is that there were several 'different' bugs that appeared and they all went away after uninstalling STK.
    My Q is completely stable again.
  6. winotree

winotree New Member

MBK2...hear what you are saying. I was careful about doing ANYTHING to my new Q (got it April 2007) and didn't even put TCPMP on until months after everyone else. True I've had a few bouts with beta software, and until now Right Menu was the worst!! It went out kicking and screaming AND took my contacts, all my contacts with it.

This one is different, somehow. Maybe I want this as a usable smartphone application whereas RM was duplicating parts of Facade (which I only got last month; maybe seeing the potential keeps me hanging on; maybe I'm just tired!! Definetly got me on edge. And I agree with you about the device operatring so much cleaner, so much better without it. Hummph! Seems the only time my Q is messed up is with betas.
  7. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin New Member

I am working from a FRESH system... I did a Master Reset on mine on Friday, because I was feeling a little bogged down with programs, so I thought fit to rid myself of Facade, and a lot of other heavy programs, like FizzWeather, and a few tweakers.. Started from SCRATCH... a clean Verizon Wireless Q... loaded a few lightweight programs, didn't bother to reinstall Facade, nor Fizzweather... Installed STK, and STILL, it locked up on me...

I'm not upset with the developer, nor the program, as it shows A LOT of promise, but until I find the culprit that is causing the "conflicts", then I will just do without STK...

I'd LOVE to be able to run it though, as it's a GREAT program, with some very neat features..

Oh well..
  8. Prosper

Prosper New Member

For everybody who's interested... I've now put a first version of the STK manual up. Available on RS, linked on SmartToolkit.mobi in the Download section.

http://www.smarttoolkit.mobi/

Amarullz said he'd work on the hang-ups / lock-ups. Let's see what the new version got in store for you guys...
  9. Prosper

Prosper New Member

What "bugs" did you encounter? Tell me more, so the dev has more information on this.
  10. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Would you mind sharing more information on when exactly the lock-ups occured? What conflicts did you see? The dev needs more information guys!! Not only "It's not working, it locks my Q" ... :wink:
  11. Roguefoxx

Roguefoxx New Member

I experienced my first lock up today while just opening the start menu. I opened it and it just froze. The start menu is the only thing that I've noticed that is sluggish. When it froze I just powered it down and back up again and it's been fine. We'll see how it goes...
  12. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin New Member

I barely run any sluggish programs, save maybe Qcaps, but most of the other stuff is rather weak...

I'll just be cruising along in STK, and i'll press the START menu, and bam... LOCK...

nothing...

I usually have to power down, by holding down the POWER key to turn the phone off, and turn it back on... I so hate doing that...

That's what I mean by "freezing" or "locking up"... I am not doing anything specifically to cause this... STK is loaded on my storage card... Is that bad?
  13. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Are you running RC06 that is a cab file? If so I put the cab on my storage card and installed it to my device. It puts STK file in programs. You can set the program to start on start up or just go to program files and start it from there. Also if you are doing something and want to shut down STK just go to Start>System power>exit SmartToolkit>Yes and continue on like before you install STK (back to default windows taskbar).:2cool: BOO
  14. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Hi all...tried this 6 months ago and had lockup problems but reading this thread decided to try again and I love the Beta 7 release.

Running it with Facade Launcher Bar on Black Mesh, along with QuickLauncher, Qcaps, Qtask and all seems well so far.

Prosper has the autokeylock been checked with Qcaps and Qtask? I haven't got to that point but I've reorganized my launchers and now I'm only a couple of keystrokes away from a dozen or two of my faves.

Enough for one night, no lockups yet but I will report back both here and to the developer with any findings.

Great job from what I had previously tried. Oh yeah the manual looks good...helpful...but manuals are for sissies ;-)
  15. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Thanks guys. So it sounds like the Start Menu is the main problem. When opening it, the Q freezes (correct me if that is wrong). I add that to the "Q lockup" report on STK forums...:smile:
  16. winotree

winotree New Member

Re-installed version dated 10042007 and almost everything fine. Thanks for letting me bounce off the walls the other night...oh, can't get a working link for an update. Every one given or found does not work. More later...
  17. pistacio

pistacio New Member

I have version 05 installed on my card. No problems at all. I'm even using the autokeylock with a screensaver and all is good. I also have a shortcut to the exe. file in my normal start menu.

The only problems I had with freezing was during initial set-up playing around with the settings in the "appearance" menu (I can't help but play with a new program before restarting the Q). But since restarting, no problems!
  18. pistacio

pistacio New Member

Also, forgot to mention that I'm still on the MOL2 update.
  19. spork27

spork27 Member

I got around to putting 07 on my Q9m last night. I had two freezes last night. One on the Plugin and one on Tasks. So far I haven't had another freeze over night or all morning today. It definitely feels like the program is getting more stable with each release.
  20. I took the plunge and installed it 10 mins ago and already can't live without it. The price is great. I will definitely donate to the developer when its more polished.