SmartToolkit updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bootheresa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

Back key>system launcher>enter and it brings up contacts,messaging,call history and calender. Hope this helps :laugh2:, BOO
  2. winotree

winotree New Member

Gosh, Boo...for some awful reason I caint understand, all the links you've posted for this app don't want to work on my device. "Caint find that page" and etc!! Don't get me wrong, now...I've got a copy and use it just enuff to tease myself!! So you know if there is a user guide or somthing similar (in the hopes maybe that link works).

I want to thank you for staying on top of this thread like you have. What makes coming back to EQ worth my while.
  3. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

The new website is here: http://www.smarttoolkit.mobi/ amarullz just released RC07 Beta. As far as manual I know Prosper and others are helping with it. So try the website again I hope it works for you. All I can say is STK keeps getting better with each release. :laugh2:, BOO
  4. winotree

winotree New Member

Yeah, got a blank page this time...better than no page at all, eh? My version is dated 10.07.2007 how does that compare w/your latest? And I agree, the more I use it the beter I like it...if it really takes off I can see dumping several (2 or 3) other apps! Thanks, as always.
  5. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

I was having trouble with STK website all day today but it seems to be up and running now. :2cool:,BOO
  6. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Hopefully amarullz agrees to move the page onto my new server. The current host (it's a free host) is terrible :foot:
  7. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

I totally agree with you Prosper. I have read where you made amarullz this offer a couple of times. I have been silently sitting back and hoping he excepts your generous offer.:2cool:,BOO
  8. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Thanks theresa for the info....I was able to test it out, but ultimately decided that SmartToolKit wasn't quite to my preference. I may try it again at a later time but for now it I didn't like it's set-up.
    Thanks for the info anyways. :wink:

BTW, have any of you tried Right Menu, is it similar?
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Just checked out Right Menu and didn't care for it. I really prefer the way SmartToolKit looks and works, so I want to get this to do what I'd like.

Here's my question(s)
  10. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Is it just me or is this app a bit unstable for others as well? Right & Left soft keys, back key home key, end key, all go haywire and does different things at different times??? Weird.

One example is when I press the left start key, it pulls up the start menu, and at first I could close it down by pressing the start key again...then later on it doesn't close down by pressing the start key again, but rather by pressing the home key???

Is it just me? Just too unstable for my liking, have deleted it.

Right Menu is looking more appealing at this point... Just not sure it's worth $12.95 though.
  11. Prosper

Prosper New Member

STK is running stable for me.

If you're having problems, why don't you report it to the dev? The app can't grow if nobody's sharing his thoughts :frown:

Take care of what option you choose in General settings under "On Homescreen". Every option provides different features, and pins different functions on the left softkey, home key and back key.
  12. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin New Member

I had it installed, but had to uninstall, due to routine lock-ups
  13. winotree

winotree New Member

Oh, my...almost lost everything on my Q last ite when this app LOCKED DOWN and I mean like I couldn't do anything; not escape, not soft reset...nothing worked. It took me the longest time just to find it hiding in the Volatile File of Appliation Data. Just short of a Master Reset, I reclaimed my Q...removed and or deleted all traces of SmartToolkit.

It had taken control of the center button of the D pad; would not allow me to navigate about within itself and would not allow me to navigate thru Facade (I like this app and found STK and Right Menu seemed to either duplicate portions of Facade or interfere with its smooth operation, thus choosing to delete both).

The STK site is either down again, still down for earlier in the week or unable to be found, and I've 1. tried to e--mail them; 2. tried to access their site via links; AND 3. looked at various freeware sites for a connection to them to express my concerns and current misgivings about this app.

I mean, just a day or two ago I was really hip to it but after last nite...well...I will wait before downloading it again; I mean, if it would behave itself and run within its parameters, fine, but it began taking over other programs. That just ain't right!!
  14. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I'm sorry you're having that bad trouble :foot:
    I hope amarullz can fix the lock-ups. One question I have...
    How did STK affect on Facade??? I haven't seen any issue with STK and Facade on my device...
    What programs did it affect???
  15. Roguefoxx

Roguefoxx New Member

Taking over other programs? That's just mad I say, absolutely mad. Did it start playing some of your games or what? What did it do when it took over these other programs?
  16. winotree

winotree New Member

Roguefoxx...Oh, it just whistled Dixie and danced a jig!!
    Should have seen it! :har-har-har:

Prosper...Like I said it was locked tight; could not navigate thru itself or Facade (it locked Facade's keys) and I did NOT assign any of its functions to any keys. Been taking it really slow, just seeing what key did what action and repeating those steps in order to memorize it...same as I always do. Then, powie!! Oh, well; I know someone is working (hard) and it's still in the testng stages.
  17. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I had lock ups as well, especially when trying to close out STK. I would relay these to the developer, but it was so many different quirky bugs that I wouldn't know where to begin. One is when I did successfully close out the app, the left and right soft keys no longer functioned at all, with save on the left & menu on the right...but neither worked.

Far too many coincedences for it to be anything else. With it off my Q, my q is running smooth again.
  18. pistacio

pistacio New Member

I downloaded and installed STK last night, and I must say I haven't had any problems at all. I love the system navigation thru it, works great!!

Are there any updates from the people testing beta 07 version??
  19. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

I wish I could help those of you that are having problems. I have not had any of the problems with my Q. Perhaps it is other programs conflicting with it. I run a homescreen with facade,phonealarm and fizz weather without issues. BOO
  20. bootheresa

bootheresa New Member

A question I must ask from the people having problems is: Are you running any programs that do the same things that STK does ( example a auto-lock program)? Any help I am sure would be appreciated by the developer amarullz. Prosper has started a thread on the STK site on complaints he has found from other sites. So thanks in advance for any input. I just want others to be as happy as I am with this program. :laugh2:,BOO